Home Forums Chat Forum Ever come across RevolutionRace? Looks like some interesting clothing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ever come across RevolutionRace? Looks like some interesting clothing
  • fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I was ambling around looking at some winter unicorn trousers (wearable, breathable, waterproof) and stumbled across RevolutionRace. You can see the trousers here if you’re fussed https://www.revolutionrace.co.uk/men/trousers/shell-trousers/cyclone-rescue-pants-men?Color=962

But nn a quick search of Mr Google all of the reviews, although positive were very fitness / hiking / hill running etcetera and not much bike.

The reviews on their own site and impeccable, surprise, but wondered if the hive mind had come across them, could see any big issues with that option above, as whilst they look a little spendy (they are! But you can find much cheapness vouchers 15-35% off) and those particular trousers were 20k 20k which puts them well above the Troy Lee Resist / Dirtlej etcetera cost and performance hence the question.

Always a little hesitant to jump in and try something new but there is always a first time.

Thanks in advance if you have any views

James

stingmered

Never heard of them but my first observation is that there is no reinforcement around the seat, and in my experience you’ll be wearing through them after a handful of muddy rides. They look great for non bike stuff though, albeit as you say a little spendy for a no-name brand. (Might just me being unaware of them though!)

mattbee

I wear their trousers a lot for work as they are comfy, have pockets that can be accessed whilst in a harness and knee pads pockets. The my fit quite close to the leg but with decent amounts of stretch panels they articulate really well. They are pretty hard wearing too.
    I’ve not worn them on the bike though, so no idea what they would be like for that!

prettygreenparrot

Many are cotton. So OK for work. Not so good for riding.

I got some of their soft shell trousers. Good for cold weather walking. NBG for riding or warm weather.

Good quality though.

Returning a pair that were a bit ‘athletic’ in cut was very difficult. UPS if I remember correctly. Awful. Ended up after several months that they got bounced back to me having never left the U.K. in the end I came to like them.

prettygreenparrot

The ‘brand’ story is interesting.

convert

I’ve got a couple of pairs after a recommendation from here. Tough, slim fitting. Great as a work wear kind of trouser and walks. I switch to something else if in the hills proper though as they are not the best when wet

My main issue with the brand is the models I’ve got are so slim fitting around the ankle that they can’t really work well with a boot. Too tight to go over the top so they just ride up.

singlespeedstu

Also got a couple of pairs of different model trousers.
    Agree that they are a bit tight for going over the top of boots.
    Great for walking/dossing about in but far to hot the one time I tried riding in them.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Thanks all, really helpful feedback and hadn’t considered seat panel reinforcement :/

James

P20

I bought a pair and wasn’t that fussed. They didn’t fit over my boots, though bizarrely could be made even smaller at the ankle. Slim fit, but just generally a little odd. I’ve gone back to mountain equipment. I’ve still got the RR, no one bought them when I put them up for sale, but they wouldn’t be an automatic choice for me.

BoardinBob

I have trousers and a jacket. Beware the sizing.

I’m a large in everything however their Large jacket is like a XXL and the Large trousers are more like a small🙄

Jacket is very good though despite the size. Trousers tend to fit this side of Xmas, less so after Jan 1st

b33k34

The WanderPro trousers are pretty good as autumn/spring dry weather riding trousers. Stretch on the knees and butt so they’re good to pedal in, slim fitting so don’t flap about. Pockets in places that work riding. The stretch material seems as hard wearing as the stuff that’s used on most mtb shorts.

they’re polycotton so pretty tough for nettles and brambles, and will dry reasonably quickly but I’d not ride them in the wet. I’m 6’5 normally 32″ waist and wearing a large (but they’re a little large around the waist – I need to wear them with a belt if it don’t want them slipping down.

K’s got a waterproof on order that should arrive in the next few days.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I have a pair of their RVRC GP Pro trousers and think they’re great. Pretty tough and lots of decent pockets and vents. Great cold weather riding strides and for me, perfect for uplift days where you want a bit of protection (knee pads fit well).

Apart from the previously mentioned leg ‘oles being a bit tight I can’t really fault the them. And best of all they’re great for tall people.

nparker

Nordwand Pro trousers here and they are fantastic for both hiking and riding in winter. They’re not particularly waterproof though (and don’t claim to be). Watch out for the sizing though – they tend to be quite long in the leg and big in the waist. I went for a small (6’2 and 30″ waist) and they are a perfect fit for me.

b33k34

Late edit – not WanderPro – Nordwand Pro.

And yes, the legs are surprisingly long. They’re still a little short for me but not enough that it matters.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.