Home Forums Chat Forum Eurostar e tickets – urgent help/knowledge request

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Eurostar e tickets – urgent help/knowledge request
  • garage-dweller

Hey all

Urgent bit of help needed. Stuck in France due to the ineptitude of a certain orange airline.

May need a route home via Eurostar but got no printer and four people to travel.

I have two smartphones, two adults, two kids.

Is there a ticketing option that can cope?

Thanks

Nonsense
    Free Member

Yeah you can have them all on your phone or just print them out at the station. Use Eurostar at least 5 times a year

ElShalimo

Just print out the tickets using your booking ref at Gare du Nord

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah book and customer services at the simplest way…I think you can even call them

DrJ

You could have all the boarding cards on one phone and scan each one successively at the barrier at gare du nord?

theotherjonv

You know how unhelpful certain orange coloured airlines are (indeed, most airlines tbf) ?

In my experience, Eurostar are the polar opposite; turn up with the email and ask for help and someone, probably with a lovely French accent, will smile and help you out.

tjagain

I’d love to know the whole story here.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Can access all tickets on Eurostar app, have travelled entire family with e-tickets, easy! at check you will have to stand by scanner with phone and scan everyone through trying to remember which ones you’ve scanned already (my chubby digits like to reselect the last ticket causing much beeping)

anono

Once you’ve made your booking, this might be of some help

https://managebooking.eurostar.com/uk-en/?

Lets you see your ticket and download it to your phone.

You should be able to use that to scan at the barriers, or as others have said, you can print your ticket at the station.

ahsat

You’ve probably looked into this, but just in case not, you probably won’t be able to claim for the tickets on your insurance, as most insurers state it is the airlines responsibility to get you home. However annoying and orange .

Quite possibly not a concern, but we got caught in a not dissimilar situation a while back (airline got us to UK but couldn’t get us to Newcastle so had to buy walk up train tickets 2 days before Christmas) and insurance wouldn’t cover it.

tthew

You’ve probably looked into this, but just in case not, you probably won’t be able to claim for the tickets on your insurance, as most insurers state it is the airlines responsibility to get you home. However annoying and orange .

This is correct. It IS the airline’s responsibility to get you home, EU regulations set the rules and mandate compensation levels too. My mum and dad had exactly this from the South of France a couple of years ago. Getting the tickets refunded, a nights hotel and the compensation was a real struggle, but she persisted and got it all back in the end.

If your journey doesn’t start in Paris, get the train to Lillie and on the Eurostar there was the recommendation from the SNCF staff. (That nugget of info probably too late now.)

garage-dweller

Thanks all.

Despite best efforts couldn’t get the tickets to link up to get us home ahead of strikes.  Now stuck until the next return flight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Eurostar e tickets – urgent help/knowledge request’ is closed to new replies.