Home Forums Bike Forum Endura MT 500 overshoes for flats

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Endura MT 500 overshoes for flats
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Has anybody used these successfully ? Both myself and my wife have a pair size L-XL which should fit our size 43 or 9 shoes . We got them at the beginning of summer so have never used them but they are incredibly difficult to get over the shoe . Even with the shoes off my feet I am really struggling to get them to fit so I can’t see how I will be able to get them on when I have the shoes on my feet and it’s impossible to get my Five Tens on with the overshoes already in position as I would not be able to access the laces . Anybody any ideas or experience of this combination .

jes
    Free Member

Same issues and I gave up until my feet shrink 😀

dirkpitt74

They’re stupidly hard to get on.

Best way I found was to leave them on a radiator for 20 minutes before putting them on – makes them a bit more pliable.

MadBillMcMad

I use 43 five tens as well with the same size.

God help anyone with big feet!

Yeah they’re really tight.

Put the shoes on first, make sure the toe box is right in. Then pull the front bit up and over as much as possible.

At the back make sure the flappy bits aren’t twisted and use the little pull tab. You might need to push and twiddle from underneath.

In an earlier review I also suggested stripping off to your underwear as it is a true workout

But still worth it imo and it gets easier.

kayak23

Where’s that video of Singletrack Wil making it look just as hard as it is to get them on? Might have been a live Facebook video… 😂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have smaller feet, size 41. First I bought the recommended size but after struggling to get them on when everything was clean and I was sat in the warm and dry I wondered how much fun they were going to be to remove when I got back from a night ride cold, wet and  plastered with mud. Exchanged them for a larger size.

cb200
    Free Member

Size 9.5 shoes here.

I initially bought some Sealskinz ones, but they lasted three weeks; it was such a struggle to get them on that the pull tabs gave up, then the seams,  the velcro and finally the zips. In the bin.

The MT500s looked much sturdier so I went for it, despite the high price. I could just about get them on but it was a struggle, and I didn’t want that battle every morning and evening again, so they went back.

I invested in some good boots instead, and am now happy.

cdoc
    Free Member

Really wanted some of these but they simply don’t fit anything bigger then a ten, so no chance on my twelves.

However, there is hope! Just spotted that they are making an xl-xxl size listed in the 2018 US product catalogue, so hopefully they will turn up in the uk sometime

Page 124

wukfit
    Free Member

Looks like the xl-xxl are for uk10-11

https://www.endurasport.com/product/mt500-plus-overshoe/

cdoc
    Free Member

Ahh, they were not listed there the last time that I looked, but seems that they are everywhere now!

wukfit
    Free Member

Well I’ve just ordered a pair for £31.50 from J E James

uk 10.5 or 11 depending on shoes, so will see how I get on

brwr
    Free Member

I had an email conversation with Endura about these a couple of months ago. They were insistent that they had stock of XL/XXL size which I pointed out were not available anywhere and could not be added to the cart on the Endura website. They emailed me back saying they had a glitch on their website and they became immediately available!

Lord knows how long they had stock of these in the bigger size without shifting any!

Didn’t buy any in the end but might do if anyone confirms I can fit them over a size 10.5 5.10 EPS high.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

An update , I got the overshoes onto my shoes while they weren’t on my feet . I left them overnight and this afternoon I rolled the overshoes back off the heel of the shoes until I could get my feet in and tie the laces . After that it was fairly easy to to get the overshoes back on and I’ve just been for a 2 hr wet muddy ride and my shoes and feet remained completely dry /

dumbbot
    Free Member

I’ve used them reasonably successfully, my current riding shoes are five ten Ascents which are rather clumpy canvas approach/MTB trainers…being canvas they take on water like the Titanic, so the overshoes have done a job most times. The neoprene can get overwhelmed in persistent heavy rain like today…my shoes were very wet, still glad I had them on.

I’m a size 8, and have the biggest size…I definitely wouldn’t want bigger feet. It’s a struggle to get them on and even harder to get them off when they are sodden, and you’ve got cold hands.

gkeeffe

I have two large pairs that I haven’t managed to get over a size 9 shoe.  It anyone has super-tiny feet let me know….

Crazy sizing!!

nedrapier

size 9 here too.  I bought them for the bear bones winter bivi ride in Jan, so I wouldn’t have sodden, frozen shoes to put on the next day.   Got them on after some time on the radiator, then realised it would be well nigh impossible in the middle of nowhere.

I took my goretex hiking books instead, trousers with the cuffs over the boots, and had warm, dry, comfy feet all the way round.  superstar nano pedals were the best of pedal choices I had – V8’s, MG1s and worked pretty well with the tread on the boots.

Again: Size L/XL, fitted but not ridden. PM if interested!

wukfit
    Free Member

Just an update to say my xl-xxl arrived yesterday

fitted them over my uk10.5 Five ten freeriders this morning, bit tight to get on but I guess they’re supposed to be

i can get the shoes on and off without having to take the over shoe off, but I do just slip them on without doing up the laces (otherwise think I’d have to slip the heel off)

Haven’t ridden in them as don’t currently have any flat pedals

Going to try them on my Am5 shoes tomorrow (eu46) and see if I can use them with my CB mallet dh pedals

trumpton
    Free Member

looks like they have designed them for the ball of the foot to be placed on pedals which is incorrect for flat shoes/pedals. Great idea, shame about the design I think. Would be interested to see if this the case.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

I didn’t know you weren’t meant to use the hall of ya foot on flats.  Are you meant to use the arch ?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT 500 overshoes for flats’ is closed to new replies.