Home Forums Bike Forum Ebikes – oh dear

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Ebikes – oh dear
    tjagain

A few of my pals have got ebikes so i joined a couple for a spin today.  Tbey turned up on these monstrosities

20231013_095818

Finest chinesium fat bike.  35 kg

20231013_095933

Then what can you say about this?  The front rack and separate basket is a fine touch.  Both of them were wearing snowboard helmets with flip down visors!

Still  We had a grand day out

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Then whatcan you say about this?

The front mud guard like it came off a bike half it’s size?
    The stem makes my eyes hurt likely in equal proportion to the amount it makes your friend’s back not hurt?

I often get overtaken by a bloke on one of those efat bike things in a morning, must be doing 25-30mph I reckon as I’m usually doing about 20 on that stretch. I half expect it to burst into flames every time he does.
    (I’d also quite like it to, the chap is a bellend of weapons grade who thinks the appropriate way to deal with a bus stopping to disgorge it’s cargo of school children is to mount the pavement and proceed at full tilt through the tide of kids in the moment they’re neither passenger nor pedestrian)

Got to love the double crown coupled with about 10mm stroke on the rear shock!

scotroutes

Wait until you see what they posted about you!!

Look – if you’re riding an ebike then you’ve already given up on any semblance of self-respect, so you might as well go all in!

sirromj

Quick scotrotes, there’s still time for a winky emoji!

birky
    Free Member

I think I can spot a couple of gaps where they could fit more tataccessories

thols2

Still We had a grand day out

fasthaggis

You were in perfect company TJ.
    We all still remember your Ebike build ,that looked like it had been fished out the water of leith .

😆 🤣 😂

Edit>> Oh, and when I first looked at the blue framed bike,I thought it said Style Crusher on the downtube<< edit
    Even more Lolz

tjagain

absolutly thols2

– any day out on a bike is good and a good day out is ruddy brilliant.  Both these guys its been a complete revelation.  They have not ridden bikes since they were kids and they are loving the ebikes and putting in the miles.  Big grins all round today

imnotverygood

Wicked! … or something

tjagain

I’ve still got that bike fasthaggis – minus the motor.  its my utility bike.  Found the frame by the bins actually

drnosh
    Free Member

Aerodynamic clothing….!

dudeofdoom

TBH I watch some Vanlife YouTube videos and TBH they seem to deluged with Chinese bikes to review and the folding variations that I’d not want to attempt to pick up :-)

dudeofdoom

TBH isn’t that 0mm stem on the GT Avalunch all the rage these days :-)

somafunk

That top bike is aptly named the “crusher”, if that thing falls on you it’ll break a leg

rOcKeTdOg

Does that say cucumber on the downtube?

fasthaggis

Does that say cucumber on the downtube?

Wouldn’t it be great if it did.

Can you imagine writing a review 😉

nickc

Tbey turned up on these monstrosities

That is a special bike, how come mine doesn’t say Crusher on it?

dancingkitty
    Free Member

Second one will suffer a steerer failure at some point lol.

BadlyWiredDog

I like the way the Crusher has taken design cues from right across cycling – dual crown forks from downhill, touring style panniers and rack, fat bike wheels and tyres and a saddle pinched off grandma’s shopper and a suspension lay-out straight out of the world of the BSO. Intriguingly it doesn’t appear to have visible brakes, are those Dutch-style hub stoppers? Truly a fantastic work of synergy and with stunning looks too. What could possibly go wrong? What did go wrong???

tjagain

Its got proper disc brakes – chinese shimano copies.  Its actually not total tat

RustyNissanPrairie

Is the Crusher a massive bike or does it just have a tiny seat?

tjagain

both – one of those noseless saddles

alpin
    Free Member

Impressive.

jamiemcf

I once saw a guy in Aberdeen watching the OVO tour. He had a full sus fatbike with aerobars and a rack. He had an aero helmet too. Brilliant look.

kayak23

Looks like it’s been covered in treacle then rolled around in Halfords 😳

devash
    Free Member

I think the Crusher actually says ‘Cyrusher’ which is equally, if not more funny.

matt_outandabout

Looks like it’s been covered in treacle then rolled around in Halfords 😳

That’s brilliant way of describing these style of bikes.

I’ve always wondered – if you tot up the value of the tat applied to these bikes, would you be able to buy a much better bike in the first place?

Del

so long as everyone is enjoying themselves… :D

stingmered

If that top bike were mine I would not be charging it anywhere near the house. 

Watty

We now know the answer to the endless ’what waterproof jacket’ posts.

IMG_0340

RustyNissanPrairie

^ worn with Crocs

doomanic

chinese shimano copies.  Its actually not total tat

Err… 😂

slowoldman

Looks like they were planning on being out for some time.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Is the first one an ebike or an electic moped? Any I’ve seen in that style have been throttle type, no pedalling involved.

tjagain

ebike but with throttle.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If they were still making Last Of The Summer Wine….

tjagain

It did feel rather more like that than anything else I have to say

jameso

I like what people build up when they’re not into bike culture / fashion that says this goes with that, etc. I mean they’re rarely elegant bikes… but there’s lessons in there. Somewhere.

Cyrusher.. they got into trouble a while back for selling derestrictable ebikes –

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/cyrusher-outdoors-sporting-ltd-a22-1161323-cyrusher-outdoors-sporting-ltd.html

“Due to the current law surrounding ebikes in the UK, we have done our utmost to comply. So when you receive your new ebike now, there will be no throttle on the handlebar, and the motor is restricted to 250watts [sic] with a top speed of 15.5mph. But don’t despair, we have included the throttle in the box of accessories that comes with the bike. Plus we have a video on our site showing you how to derestrict the motor, as we know many of our customers use our ebikes off road or on private land. Please note: Cyrusher do not condone the use of an unrestricted ebike on the roads within the UK”.

The video’s voice-over included, “The top speed they claim is 26 miles per hour and I can tell you that I’ve done, throttle-only, faster than that. I’m not going to tell you how fast. It’s just faster than 26” while small on-screen text that stated “*be sure to abide by all local laws and restrictions” appeared in the bottom-left corner of the video.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If they were still making Last Of The Summer Whine….

Ftfy

ButtonMoon

Buckfast! 😅

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.