Home Forums Bike Forum Ebikemotion X35+ – anyone had the misfortune?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ebikemotion X35+ – anyone had the misfortune?
  • pat12
    Free Member

Had my e-bike for 12 months now, uses the Ebikemotion X35 system.

I’m really struggling with it.

Firstly, my daughters musical frozen doll has more robust wiring than this thing – the wire to the front light snapped after about three weeks. You could see the copper sticking out of the plug when i got it. It was simply the vibration of riding that broke it.

Then there’s the charging plug – WTF were they thinking??? if the design brief was to create something impossible to use, then they aced it. “No sorry that’s just an ordinary plug, come back with something more ridiculous”. You have to align two tiny arrows to get it to engage. Shame the arrows are black on a black plug. Might be ok in Spain but not in my dark garage in the winter when i’m desperate for a piss.

Thirdly, the button to turn it on, I mean again WTF? you have to follow a sequence of presses that would baffle most morse code operators. I’ve read the manual several times but i’m still not sure what the different flashing lights mean. What’s wrong with a controller on the bars. 30% of the time it just breaks and flashes a weird white sequence that’s not even listed. When you plug it in to charge the lights come on and you literally have to press it 150 times to get them to stop.

I can overlook all this as it it’s great to ride.

Erm… except it’s not.

When you go over the 25km/ph and it stops assisting seem like you are riding through treakle* I read you can spend EUR150 on a dongle to increase the max speed that also eases the transition from assist – but i don’t really want to.

Bike is an Orbea Gain but perhaps unfair as i think the actual bike is quite good.

Just went to ride in to work earlier in the rain and it broke AGAIN. getting fed up now.

Anyone else got one of these systems?

*Happy to accept my fitness may play a part in this.

doomanic

Got to love the formatting on here…

”It’s a feature not a bug”

pat12
    Free Member

hehe i pasted it into google docs first to check my spelling of treakle – neither me or google are any the wiser though.

Must have inherited thier formatting

oceanskipper

You have my sympathy, not sure what you can do though other than sell it and buy something with a Bosch motor.

goslow

I have an Orbea vibe. No reliability problems with the Ebikemotion at all. I just hold the middle button in for a short period of time to switch it on or off. Changing power settings is easy. I wasn’t aware the charging plug had arrows on it, I connect it using feel.

Pedalling over 26kph isn’t easy but is better if the assist is off or low.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.