Home Forums Bike Forum Ebike lash-up of the week!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebike lash-up of the week!
    montgomery
    Free Member

Travelling on trains, you get to see some great e-bikes. Just been admiring this one between Rochdale and Victoria:

https://www.tumblr.com/tracksterman/764944774606258176/ebike-lash-up-of-the-week-2-this-one-deserves

Feel free to post up ones you’ve spotted on this thread.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve seen a couple local to me that clearly have car batteries slung under them. I’ve no idea how (or if) they work, but they look scary & presumably aren’t going to be legal.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I keep seeing them advertised on social media.
    E.g.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno, the double length mudguard would get some approval on a club-run.  And the battery will keep little-not-a-spoon nice and warm.

Dickyboy

Witnessed a deliveroo rider in Oxford yesterday, Specialized S-Works with Boxxer forks, full face helmet & obligatory hub motor in the rear wheel – at least he had the sense to walk past the policemen at the top of the high street.

montgomery
    Free Member

Last week’s winner – would you put weight on that seatpost…?

singlespeedstu

Not sure what’s worse.

The bike at the front of the picture or that OnOne behind it that looks like it’s been covered in glue and crashed into GoOutdoors.

Pauly

How’s about this beauty

IMG_3454IMG_3458IMG_3453IMG_3452IMG_3451

Custom made swinging arm apparently…

The mind boggles!

julians
    Free Member

2 fox float x2 shocks?  presumably for when one inevitably fails you can just keep on riding.

Plus 2 sets of brakes on the fork, must have spent a bit of time and money engineering that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mono6-Ti’s still go for a pretty penny on ebay and he’s got 3 of them.

Surely there must have been better donor bikes than an old ~2002 Stumpjumper (or is it the cheaper FSR-XC?). Something like an Iron Horse Sunday?

Pauly

Custom home machined master cylinder too

IMG_3456

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Aside from the fact it’ll probably burn down a block of flats or kill a granny on the high-street at 50mph, I’m impressed.

Can’t quite get my head around how the master cylinder balances between the calipers though, surely unless the bite point is exactly right and both sides are perfectly bled, you’d end up with more force on one than the other. You’d need something resembling a bias bar?

snownrock

This absolute beauty used to appear in the bike parking at my old office building.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.