Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ebay Help
  • Foundry
    Free Member

I have bought a mountain Board off of ebay that was described as used but good condition a few knock but only used 4 times. It turned up with more than a few knocks, wear marks where you put your feet that are so bad they have worn the wood, the foot pads peeling off and all the wheel bearing are shot.

I would be quite happy with the wheel bearing been shot if it was in good condition but it is anything but. I have had no communication with the seller and have tried to contact him but no response. How long do I leave it before I contact Ebay? Is there a chance of getting my money back? As it stand it is unusable and unsafe because the bearings are so bad.

granny_ring

I’d give them a few emails over a couple of weeks and if no joy take it further

wwaswas

how did you pay?

Foundry
    Free Member

I paid using PayPal.

wwaswas

raise a dispute with paypal – ‘goods not as described’ – they’ll freeze the money in the sellers account.

Foundry
    Free Member

How soon should I do this, he has had since last Thursday.

wwaswas

do it now. it means the money’s there if you need it.

You’ll find the seller will be in touch as soon as their money goes…

uplink
    Free Member

Do it now

It tends to focus sellers minds a bit more than a direct email to them

Foundry
    Free Member

Thanks guys for that, that got a response.

He is now saying that he is quite happy to refund the money if I send it back, but he has not got the money to refund me so can I wait until he has. What happens now am I out of pocket?

uplink
    Free Member

Send it back with a recorded [signed for] service
    As soon as you provide proof to Paypal, they give you the money back & chase the seller
    Make sure you do everything through eBay

wwaswas

What do Paypal say – it’s really down to them to recover the funds from him imo?

I’d be wary about sending it back until your clear when the money’s coming your way, though.

If paypal don’t want to get involved and it’s more than £100 then give him a deadline thjat if he doesn’t meet you’ll go to small claims court.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Help’ is closed to new replies.