Home Forums Chat Forum Dyson cooling fan….. anything else to consider

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Dyson cooling fan….. anything else to consider
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have a big floor fan that was £30 from I dunno, Screwfix or somewhere. They’re a common design. It’s noisy as hell but it shifts a lot of air. So on hot nights we put it downstairs and have it blow air upstairs, which it can do.

I’m sure you’ve all seen them:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/18-floor-fan-220-240v/3939X?tc=BA9&ds_kid=92700045790222869&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249404&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249475&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjrvpBRC0ARIsAFrFuV80xvoj6Fe533Hyyg–FY8zmSDjVZqPru-GIpRdhUK_vEwd5799CE8aAmNtEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

On the plus side, it can evoke heady memories of the golden age of global exploration by air because it sounds like a DC3. You can pretend you’re Tintin in a transition scene.

fossy

We opted for a portable air con many years ago – our house just holds heat. Yes it’s noisy but we often turn off as we go to bed. It sits on the landing, with the exhaust hose going out of the bathroom window.

We can’t open the windows much because we have house cats.

We’ve had the unit about 15 years. All it’s needed was a good hoover of the heat exchange radiator (dust) and the wheel fixing back on after it fell off.

tomd
    Free Member

I have that 18″ screwifx one in the garage. It is a beast in terms of shifting air but not very quiet, even on a rubber garage floor. It is brilliant for on the turbo though.

franksinatra

Breaking News

Dyson’s £400 heating fan advert labelled misleading by ASA after tests prove the best way to stay warm this winter is to move to Singapore*

* credit Have I Got News For You Facebook.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’m with phil re dyson stuff though, overpriced and not much cop.

the dyson works differently than other fans, took 3 years and £40million of research, 640 prototypes and 65 engineers working on it.

Perhaps that factors into the cost, rather than just manufacturing a fan that copies the design of every other fan out there?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Dyson cooling fan….. anything else to consider’ is closed to new replies.