Home Forums Bike Forum Dynaplug Tubeless Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dynaplug Tubeless Question
  • agis2012
    Free Member

I am a noob when it comes to tubeless having recently acquired a Bird Aeris that came tubeless. I had a thorn puncture at the weekend and used my freshly bought Dynaplug to fill the hole and it worked like a dream.

What do I do about the end of the plug that is now protuding out of the hole? Do I cut it off or leave it too rub down naturally (if it even does that)?

hatter

It will wear down in time, there’s no harm in leaving it there.

If it annoys you or if you can feel it (which you may on a road tyre) you can cut the ‘tail off but on a MTB I wouldn’t bother.

agis2012
    Free Member

Thanks Hatter. I will leave it hanging out, I cant feel it when riding so all good.

I am big convert to tubeless now!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Unless the thorn was super massive you may want to check your sealant hasn’t dried up.  I wouldn’t expect to have to use one of my precious Dynaplugs for a mere thorn, the sealant should deal with that without me even knowing about it

agis2012
    Free Member

You are probably right there R_B but I saw the thorn (there was no air coming out of it) pulled it out and put the dynaplug in. I wanted to try it out in a relaxed environment in my garage rather than the first time I use it being on the fly!

As an aside how often should you change the sealant?

whitestone
    Free Member

Usually it’s a case of topping up the sealant rather than replacing it. Depends on a variety of factors, mainly temperature assuming you’ve had no leaks. I’ll check twice a year – leave wheel standing for half an hour then wiggle it, you should hear the sealant sloshing around. If you hear a clunking or knocking sound then the sealant has congealed into a “Stans monster” so you’ll need to replace. I’ll also check/top up before a long ride or trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dynaplug Tubeless Question’ is closed to new replies.