Home Forums Bike Forum Dunkeld trail recommendations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dunkeld trail recommendations
  • feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I’m down with the in-laws for a few days. I’m allowed to escape for a bit of biking. I’ve not done a lot down here.
    Rode up to the mast trails Today (slater etc) favourites on previous visits, they were all a bit over grown. Any recommendations for good trails or perhaps more importantly things to avoid?

Cheers Campbell

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cairn to cottage (A hell of a long climb though) and rake n ruin are brilliant.

First time I ride c2c was at dudes enduro, rode it blind, the whole way down I was thinking thank **** it’s dry!

mactheknife

Atholl hill had a couple of amazing rides off the top. Was up yesterday and they are running well.

mashr

Interesting to here that the Mast trails are overgrown – think that must be the COVID effect kicking in.

The trails on Atholl Hill are my favourites these days. Rake and Ruin is always good fun though

dumbbot
    Free Member

Dont the Mast trails always get overgrown with gorse? And Rake and Ruin is known to be claimed by the bracken in some sections also…Pink Floyd should be fine.

Atholl hill is my favourite so far Hush Hush is a good wee warm out the car park, and the climb isnt bad at all…Yer Maws Arse is a cracker, also this trail marked as an access path(is not) at the bottom of the Atholl hill descent https://www.trailforks.com/trails/access-path-50220/ takes you right back to the carpark.

I’ve not been over to Craigvinean side with Bambis Farts and 9.8 etc though..

chickenman

Yeah, the “access path” trail is my absolute favourite trail at Dunkeld but it has been kept off Trailforks for a reason: it has taken a real hammering in the last couple of years even without most folk knowing about it!
    Does anyone know whether the two trails down from the “rocking” stone have been fixed after the felling work?

dair86
    Free Member

Rode Funkeld last weekend.

Rake and ruin,pink floyd, electric beaver. All running well.

After some pizza and beer in the Atholl Arms beer garden.

Secret Beaver, Scooby doo and hong Kong phooey. Secret Beaver needs a bit of a trim🤭 rest were running well.

If you have a car,Ben Cathro seems to have been busy with a spade up in pitlochry

huckersneck
    Free Member

Be aware that ‘The Blue Route’ is not…

mashr

dumbbot

Dont the Mast trails always get overgrown with gorse? And Rake and Ruin is known to be claimed by the bracken in some sections also

Only the very top I thought? RnR definitely narrows right down in the middle!

chakaping

Does anyone know whether the two trails down from the “rocking” stone have been fixed after the felling work?

Sacrifice is riding great, Rocking Roll(?) not so.

Rake and Ruin is riding great now.

Yeah, the “access path” trail is my absolute favourite trail at Dunkeld but it has been kept off Trailforks for a reason:

If that’s the one I think you mean, it seemed in good nick and was the joint highlight of the weekend for me – along with Yer Maw’s Erse.

Also loved Yer Maw and some of the trails at Hermitage – Jamo’s, Bambi’s Farts, 9.8 and Dalmarnock Descent – all on Trailforks.

If you have a car,Ben Cathro seems to have been busy with a spade up in pitlochry

Don’t ride his trail (Pit DH) if it’s wet, it’s a way from being bedded in yet and will not be a nice experience.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dunkeld trail recommendations’ is closed to new replies.