Home Forums Chat Forum DSLR travelling case

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DSLR travelling case
  • ninfan
    Free Member

looking for a case for my DSLR (Eos7d) that will be decent for travelling

not for when I’m actually out using it, as, well, when I’m using it I’m using it.

i was looking for something more like this – hard/semi hard walled with cut/sectioned foam lining like an exposure lights case that would fit in a weekend bag, rather than something massive and heavy like a pelican case

Any ideas?

DrJ

I use these:

http://fstopgear.com/products/icu

Not as padded as the one in your picture, but good inside another bag.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I cram my SLR into my Camelbak Hawg which I shove various other things loose and unorganised, and the bag goes as carry on for flights under the seat. Then I might use it in the bag when riding or skiing. It’s had a lot of rough handling, some tumbles, but it still works 😀

Problem with bag/boxes with compartments and foam stuff is there’s a lot of space taken up that isn’t the kit. Though if space isn’t an issue then it’s not a problem.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why not a Peli case? We use the generic ones from Farnell to ship stuff, the weight is just proportional to the protection!

Just sent 20 cameras on a flight to Vietnam so they had better be up to it!

geetee1972
    Free Member

This is what happens when you send you camera kit in your hold luggage:

Broken Leica Noctilux

For reference that is a more or less brand new Leica Noctilux in the more expensive Chrome finish. RRP is £8300 and that lens is toast.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DSLR travelling case’ is closed to new replies.