Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Drought for the northern half of GB next?
  • myopic
    Free Member

Don’t know how you extrapolate that data to northern half of GB – it only covers England

oldtennisshoes

Don’t know how you extrapolate that data to northern half of GB – it only covers England

I didn’t I have Scottish intel too, just no link to it.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I live in Scotland. I has been pretty dry.

myopic
    Free Member

Furry muff

piemonster

I also live in Scotland. I also has been dry.

Loughan
    Free Member

People in Scotland have told me… they have been pretty dry

oldtennisshoes

I live in Scotland. I have not been dry, but it has been dry.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Local trails have turned to sand, not seen since the awesome summer a couple of years back!.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s as a result of Cornorain virus

jp-t853

Cumbria

trail_rat
    Free Member

I live in Scotland. .

It has been snowing on and off for 3 days. Between rain storms.

African style heavy rain storms.

Not Scottish mizzle.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Stay Alert – Control The Virus – Stay Dry

scuttler

Whatever we get it goes downhill to the home counties (gravity) cos they have gardens to water you know.

bedmaker

Stay dry.
    Protect the reservoirs.
    Save water.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Do you know what? I’ve had a think about it and…. using my new measure of what’s “Bad News” these days, I think we’ll be okay, in fact I think if the whole of the UK is dryer than Nuns gusset until Autumn, I think we’ll be okay.

In fact I think if you said to Bill Oddie “Bill, bad news, there’s a terrible drought coming that’s going to last until October, resulting in many Birds that usually flourish around Britain’s lakes and rivers having a pretty tough time of it” he’d say “Whatevs Man, I’ve been stuck indoors with the Wife for two **** months straight – did you know she writes Fireman Sam episodes? Can you imagine what it’s like to live with that sort of mind, day in, day out for 2 months? Do you, don’t you think we’ve got enough to worry about without getting all pissy because it was a warmer and dryer spring than usual – well **** do you?”.

I don’t know Bill, but I’ve always imaged him to be a very angry Man away from the cameras.

ads678

I’ve seen at least three quotes recently saying it’s been dry in Scotland but then saw another saying it was bloody showing….

I live in northern England and it’s dry here.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I live in Scotland it has been dry, except for my walk yesterday, that was wet.

MoreCashThanDash

No meaningful rain – other than 1cm a couple of weeks ago over a weekend – since just before lockdown here near Derby. Lawn is looking parched, borders rock solid.

Flood, plague, drought, presumably famine next

somafunk

I live in scotland and can concur that where i live (galloway) it has been very dry since the beginning of april, apart from two days recently when we had a bit of on/off drizzle

RichPenny
    Free Member

Flood, plague, drought, presumably famine next

Shop has sold out of Tunnocks Teacakes. Think you are right 🙁

onehundredthidiot

I live in Scotland and the borders but not MoreCashThanDash’s. It’s quite dry apart from the bits I watered.

scotroutes

I can confirm that Scotland has had below average rainfall so far this year.

It was 20c in Aviemore last week.

It has also been snowing over the past couple of evenings.

One from todays ride

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j1JKkb]P1060513[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

I’ve been watering the garden.

jamiemcf

I live in Scotland, it has been dry apart from a few days recently where it rained. I got caught in a hail storm the other day on my road bike which was unpleasant.

stevious

I love how this has gone from a thread about potential droughts to just being the same weather report from different people.

It’s been mostly dry where I live (Scotland) too.

scotroutes

We’re OK if there is a drought. We’ve topped up Loch Vaa.

martymac

I live in Scotland, believe it or not it has been mostly dry for me as well.
    Whoda thunk it

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Very dry here, houses down the hill have had their well run dry reservoirs pretty low for the time of year, we’re getting reasonably worried about our spring. South lakes. Reminiscent of 2 years ago but not quite as hot…yet

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m in Scotland too. Guess what? It’s dry. Dry as a bone! The garden is parched.

The dry spell coincided with the start of lockdown. Makes you think.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No contrails, maybe it’s this dry all the time? Mud’s just the feds messing with your mind, man.

scotroutes

The 5G signals break up the rain clouds

faerie
    Free Member

My council has issued a water scarcity warning, urging people with private sources to conserve water and to look for alternative sources. I thought that kind of thing only happened down south

irc

I live in Scotland and have been watering the garden. April had 150% of average sunshine and 35% of average rain.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/regional-values

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Seeing as no-one has provided any information from Scotland yet, it may come as a surprise that it’s been fairly dry here of late – bar a couple of heavy showers.

It was an incredibly warm and wet winter. First year in living memory that we had no snow to speak of here. Hooray for extreme weather…

tjagain

Very dry in Edinburgh – but thats no surprise given its one of the driest bits of the UK.

ferrals
    Free Member

Not just northern U.K, been dry and sunny/warm all over looking at those values. Definitely the case in South Wales. Having said that, the rain and flooding earlier in the year makes me think drought is a way off.

stevied
    Free Member

Just to balance things out, I’m in England and it is also dry here.
    Planted out a new border recently thinking we’d get some rain but no, not a drop.

Based on the number of replies should STW move the office to Scotland?

fazzini

Well it rained in Backworth on Monday (IIRC) and I got caught in the hail yesterday morning on my daily exercise, and the water butt in my garden has filled up nicely. So, yes, on balance, it’s been dry here too…bit nippy though. Maybe the next ice-age is coming…then again, maybe not. Give it 5 minutes and I predict that something, somewhere, in the weather patterns, will change.

Kryton57

My council has issued a water scarcity warning, urging people with private sources to conserve water and to look for alternative sources. I thought that kind of thing only happened down south

You should take them to court for failing to collect the vast quantities of rain that fell constantly between September and January.

Seriously though, I can’t believe this level of entitled moaning.  A few months ago it was the opposite with floods and raging rivers, and now the sun as come out…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Drought for the northern half of GB next?’ is closed to new replies.