Home Forums Chat Forum Drfolamour currently spamming direct messages

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Drfolamour currently spamming direct messages
  • philjunior
    Free Member

I got the message, but didn’t click it. I haven’t had the critical error message though.

If it was accidental octopron that would liven up my day.

cookeaa

Also received but did not click.

Also no obvious way to forward PMs to admins or report.

Drac

although hopefully the mods will sort him out quickly

About 2 hours ago. 😁

smudge
    Free Member

just had a message too

Mark

Really sorry about that. Tech are on it now to fix the error message and to get rid of this spammer.

nixie

I got it as well. No way I’m clicking a bit.ly link though its probably just a hidden referral code.

martinhutch

Can’t stop singing the Erasure song now.

brassneck

Yup. Binned.

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Me too.
    The user account has been sitting there since July 2019 unused. Scammers are patient!

maccruiskeen

what would the mechanism be for mass mailing site users through the PM function? Has someone patiently worked their way through a thread and clicked on every poster and messaged them?

whitestone
    Free Member

@maccruiskeen – This site runs on WordPress which is a very popular platform for websites and blogs so it’s likely to be targeted. There could well be a vulnerability in one of the many packages and add-ons being used. Sometimes these are really hard to spot and can only be exploited in certain situations, so it has to be version 1.2.3 of WordPress AND version 2.1.1 of plug-in A AND version 2.3.2 of plug-in B. It can be really hard to work out if your site is vulnerable or not plus sometimes you might not be able to update one of the plug-ins.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

what would the mechanism be for mass mailing site users through the PM function? Has someone patiently worked their way through a thread and clicked on every poster and messaged them?

Plausible I suppose if they’re bored and it probably doesn’t take that many copy and pastes to earn themselves their free month or whatever.

But I’m sure before the refresh if you clicked on “user” in the search it brought up an alphabetical list of usernames, so that list exists somewhere in the site, then just write a macro or something which is probably quicker.

Beagleboy

Pffft!

I got the same message and deleted it. That’s nothing compared to the time our bike club’s website was spammed. It was a looonng time ago, 15-20yrs back, and I logged onto the club’s message board to see that someone new had posted in every open thread. Every single thread had an image of a very fit, very naked and VERY excited young Asian gentleman added to it.

I spent a long time deleting all those images, won’t say how long I spent checking them though….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

to earn themselves their free month or whatever

I’d guess its more likely to be an email and password grabbing scam than earning them a free month of audible.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.