Home Forums Chat Forum De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200 needs repairing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200 needs repairing
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Can anybody help

Coffee machine keeps starting and going through its start up routine and then restarts and does its start up routine.

Any tips on what I need to replace. Google not helping on repair but has shown a few spares that are available.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Assume you’ve throughly cleaned the brew unit and made sure it us all free moving. If so check and clean wear it slots into.
    I had same problem on a Gaggia Titanium and checking the above sorted it allowing the mechanisms to cycle round fully.

spooky_b329

Recently got the same model. How old/how much use has yours had before needing fettling?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

craigxxl – Member
    Assume you’ve throughly cleaned the brew unit and made sure it us all free moving. If so check and clean wear it slots into.
    I had same problem on a Gaggia Titanium and checking the above sorted it allowing the mechanisms to cycle round fully.

Thanks, Ill try again cleaning the inside. Have tried using little brushes to clean it all out.

My wife tried to use the compartment that lets you bypass the grinder and use pre-ground coffee but it all ended up inside the machine so your tip could be spot on.

Recently got the same model. How old/how much use has yours had before needing fettling?

It will be nearly 4 years old. Used daily until recently, and when we first had it we had just had our son and my wife was using/abusing all day for about a year. Great machine.

spooky_b329

I tried using some pre-ground earlier this week as well.

I spooned some in and hit the pre-ground button, it promptly asked for some more despite the sticker suggesting you could only put one spoonful in.

So I put some more in and it made an average attempt at a coffee, then decided I had to empty the grounds straight away. On removing the grounds bin I found the first lot of pre-ground on the tray behind the bin, so either it brushes off the excess, or you have to hit the pre-ground button first?! Should read the manual I suppose…

craigxxl
    Free Member

Button first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200 needs repairing’ is closed to new replies.