Home Forums Chat Forum Deadpool and wolverine, have we done this yet?

• This topic has 58 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 2 hours ago by pondo.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Deadpool and wolverine, have we done this yet?
    Cougar

Of course.  Is it poor quality?  I disagree.

I’m not objecting to criticism.  I’m objecting to wading into a conversation going I HATE THIS IT’S ALL SHIT!!!1!  Well, **** off and find something you enjoy instead, then.

Maybe I’m salty about this, but I’ve seen children cosplaying being berated by grown ass adults and driven to tears because they weren’t “real fans.”  It breaks Wheaton’s Law and it needs to die in a fire, fandom should not be competitive.  It’s toxic.

martinhutch

Has any-one actually enjoyed any of the more recent Marvel releases on either telly of cinema?

I remember enjoying bits of The Marvels and Quantumania. However, I’m struggling to remember anything about them plot-wise aside from the main cast members.

GotG3 was really good..

Didn’t bother with Wakanda Forever.

Thor: Love and Thunder was absolute bobbins from start to finish.

Multiverse of Madness was OK, but felt a bit too much of a change in tone and character from Wandavision.

BoardinBob

Cougar

It never ceases to amaze me how grown adults will see a thread title, think “that’s not for me,” then deliberately open the thread to state how much they dislike it and declare an air of superiority over those who do

Yip.

I hate cricket. Utterly awful. Can’t understand why anyone likes it. I’ve never once clicked on an obvious cricket thread on here and if I do stumble upon one by accident, I don’t comment on it.

Cougar

I’ve not tried to say ‘don’t go’ I’m just saying they’re a bit shit

The latest movie isn’t out yet.

Has any-one actually enjoyed any of the more recent Marvel releases on either telly of cinema?

I would assume that plenty of people have, or they wouldn’t have made 30-odd films and who knows how many series.

Old Man Logan, is set in an alternative universe. They don’t have to resurrect him for this.

But they can. So… /shrug why not?

You’re a self-proclaimed “proper comic book nerd.” This. Happens. All. The. Time in comic books. How many times has Batman died, Superman, how many Spider-Men have there been? Who’s Dick Grayson playing this week? If you’re going to worry about continuity then man did you ever pick the wrong genre, Red Dwarf is more consistent than DC/Marvel’s print output.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I liked  and still enjoy some of the older marvel films,  the x-men stuff mainly, including all the wolverine and logan films.  I enjoyed some of the iron-man films but the more mcu/avengers they got….nah.  The first deadpool was different,  sideachingly funny in places, even for non deep fans…. so long as you switch off and enjoy Ryan reynolds being himself.   The second….if I’m remembering right I was crying with laughter through a whole scene while he grew new legs but it was a guilty pleasure judging by the looks I was getting from my wife… mostly the film seemed poor though.   I hope this one has some of those funny moments.

funkmasterp

The animated spider-verse films are two of the best films I’ve ever seen. The last Spider-Man live action film was a good watch and GotG3 was great. The rest of the post End Game films have been a bit shit though. I never judge films from the trailers but will definitely be watching this when it comes to streaming.

bensales
    Free Member

Huge Action does Wolverine one more time. That’s enough for me.

simondbarnes

Yes, me. I haven’t read a comic book since I was about 7 so I watch them with an open mind.

revs1972
    Free Member

For a little light relief, you can read nickc’s comments in the voice of comic book guy from the Simpsons 😁

Sorry nickc 😉

doomanic

Looks utterly ridiculous.

I’m in!

This. LFG!

mert
    Free Member

Yes, me. I haven’t read a comic book since I was about 7 so I watch them with an open mind.

Me too, but i last finished reading a comic book about 10 days ago…

I’m obviously not that good a fan though, i only read 6 or 8 a year. Consumption has dropped since i don’t actually walk past a comic shop on the way to town anymore. Have to order _everything_ online.

(And a quick google seems to show that the one i did walk past has closed…)

Daffy

Well, **** off and find something you enjoy instead, then.

It seems that misery and arguing may be what he enjoys.  Based on recent threads, anyway.

argee

I’ll watch it, been into Wolverine since i was a child in the 80s, so always a sucker for X-Men as well, as others say, Ryan Reynolds has been trying to get this movie together for over a decade now, but with limited buy in from Marvel, if i was to guess now, it’ll be a half decent buddy style film where the odd couple get more aligned throughout, it’s not going to win any awards, but if the script has decent fan service and jokes, and keeps it moving forward it’ll do ok for me.

As for superhero movies and Marvel/Disney, well that just went mad due to so many layers being added on top of stories, it got convoluted, confusing and in the end it appeared not much mattered as you can just change what you want, even End Game was a bit of a messy affair when you watch it back now, and was a bit of a letdown after the years of build up.

neilnevill
    Free Member

New trailer just dropped.

Red and yellow! Red and yellow! Red and yellow!

colournoise

Looks like confirmation of Lady Deadpool in there too.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Rumour is it’s Blake Lively

CountZero

Well, gird your lions, this one’s had extensive re-shoots already becasue it didn’t go down well with test audiences.

You’re clearly unaware of the sort of test audiences that get shown tv and film promos, then. Usually a bunch of conservatives out in the middle of the flyover states, whose opinions count for the sum total of bugger-all. Except studio distribution executives. Test audiences are a curse on the tv and film industries.

Rumour is it’s Blake Lively

Or possibly Taylor Swift, who’s a good friend of theirs. Who knows, they’ll be fully masked up anyway.

And as for gatekeepers, of whatever genre, they should be bound, gagged and thrown into a pigsty somewhere.

Poopscoop

Well, how absolutely bloody epic was this then? Easily the best of the 3.

Properly loled throughout!

Highly recommended. :-D

pondo

100% – loved it. :)

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.