Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dash camera recommendations.
  • stevied
    Free Member

After narrowly avoiding a head-on crash with a car on the wrong side of the road I think I’d like a dash cam.
    Driver didn’t stop even though he still hit me 😕

loddrik
    Free Member

I have a nextBase 312 for work which works well enough.

However I also now have a Yi Compact dashcam in the car which seems just as good and was only £40. Reviews were great and seems completely unnecessary to spend upwards of £150 on one when this does pretty much what the more expensive models do.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Whichever one you get, get a hardwire kit to go with it and make sure that it’s able to record at a higher frame rate per second than the standard 24 fps.

After I reviewed a near miss in mine  ( a nextbase 212) I realised that HD was all very well but not a lot of good for identifying number plates if the other car passes through your field of vision at high speed and you have maybe 4 or 5 blurred frames to try and capture any detail.

A change in settings to lower resolution 720p but 60 fps has made it nearly three times more likely that i’ll get useful info if anything happens again.

The hardwire kit saves all the faff of trailing cables and remembering to switch it on and off. It just works when I start the car and switches it self off  again when I stop.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dash camera recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.