Home Forums Bike Forum Dalby Forest night rides

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dalby Forest night rides
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any group night rides at Dalby Forest that wouldn’t mind a newbie to night riding tagging along?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There used to be a group of us from York Cycleworks that went every Wednesday.
    Not sure if they still go, ( I sadly moved away.. ) but could be worth dropping in the shop and speaking to Mikey.
    Alternatively, go on your own..
    You’ll be amazed at how much you can scare the crap out of yourself enjoy it!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Try big bear bikes in Pickering or eds bikes in snainton I’ve seen them up on a night before.

I’m from near Thirsk and ride round Sutton bank/Kilburn/yearsley a fair bit on eves

I know a few people who would be up for a night ride there if your stuck. It just wouldn’t be regular.

limburger
    Free Member

Where do you park after dark? I don’t think you’re allowed to take a car into the forest after sunset, or am I wrong?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve just parked in the main carpark, not had any issues.

As far as I’m away the only gate that gets locked is the one by the pond at the bottom of adderstone.

There’s a village and bed and breakfasts so can’t lock em in.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I don’t know what the “official” stance is.

gil_

The “thru road” is closed at Staindale Lake at 8.30pm every evening and re-opened in the early morning, this is to stop people using it as an access road
    Low Dalby, Visitor Centre and Main Car park can always be accessed from the Thornton Dale entrance
    Adderstone field and Dixons hollow can always be accessed from the Scarboro’ end of the forest

karlp
    Free Member

There is a Tue night ride each week.
    I’ve not ridden but seen them in the car park many times.
    I think it is organised by the bike shop in Dalby.

strangey13
    Free Member

The rides aren’t organised by the shop anymore, think a lot of folk just carried on riding on a Tuesday.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Yeah there is an unofficial group ride every Tuesday evening, sets off at 6:30pm from the visitor centre car park.

Newbies are always welcome so pop along and join onto one of the groups.

I’ll be there more often when the weather picks up a bit 🙂

solidrooster
    Free Member

If you go to low dalby carpark on a Tuesday night there’s loads of folk down there, most other nights it’s very quiet. The forest drive is always open, despite the sign saying it closes at 2000. Forestry commission are currently putting Anpr cameras up so you may have to pay for parking in near future.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Brilliant, sounds like Tuesday is the night then! Thanks all. :mrgreen:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest night rides’ is closed to new replies.