Home Forums Bike Forum Custom thru-axles

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Custom thru-axles
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I have a Quickguard mudguard that i’d like to fit to the rear of my new Trek Emonda. The issue i am having is i can’t find a thru axle. In theory they do exist, but distributor appears to have no stock and i haven’t located any searching the internet.

So a completely different approach, get one custom made.

Does anyone make thru axles to customer specs?

The other alternative approach, does anyone make a hollow thru axle i can fit a QR through?

onewheelgood

Have you tried the Robert Axle Project? Available in the UK at SJS, I think.

mrmo
    Free Member

I have contacted them in case they can do something,

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what dimensions and thread pitch?

mrmo
    Free Member

its 142 12mm 1.75mm

Though I have made a discovery, the current thru axle is hollow and a QR will go down the centre, only issue being it’s 10mm too short for what I need. So I think, unless someone tells me this isn’t going to work, get a long skewer, such as for a fat bike. then slide into the current thru axle. then can fit mudguard off one end.

bigyan
    Free Member

Pinner Machine Shop make custom axles.

rootes1

ts 142 12mm 1.75mm

common size and Robert Axle will have something.

try Robert Axle BOB121

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/trailers/robert-axle-project-bob-trailer-12mm-thruaxle-m12-x-175-167mm/

rootes1

Also potential just tap your current axle to suit some suitable bolts, but would depend on the dimensions and current axle tool needs.

zerocool

Hamax do a universal 12mm bolt thru axle that covers all threads, widths, etc. I just sold one to a chap on here.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Just found t
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_EG7fgJ9

Bought a couple of thru axels off these guys for £7-8 each so I could use my Thule Chariot trailer on a couple of different MTBs.

Sandwich

You can also email Robert Axle and they are quick to respond. Overnight midweek usually.

vmgscot

May or may not be useful but Halo used to do longer skewers (Porkies XL) – maybe some kicking around in a spares box.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.