Home Forums Bike Forum Commuting Tyre for 30mn 29er rim

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by isoo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Commuting Tyre for 30mn 29er rim
  • subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Looking for some tyres to use on my commuter which has 30mm rims (narrower would of been better but it allowed me to upgrade MTB wheels)

Does anyone know the narrowest tyres that will work?

Was thinking 45c marthaon plus?

damascus
    Free Member

I’d suggest these bad boys

https://www.fawkes-cycles.co.uk/2473969/products/schwalbe-big-apple-29-x-235-raceguard-puncture-protected-tyre.aspx?currency=GBP&chosenAttribute=46561&gclid=CjwKCAjwmrn5BRB2EiwAZgL9oiDlDI3AJSUjgtGFPNWpAo_r5E07ly-i_Fs5tpqU3iCZNnDaVnGBBRoCvbMQAvD_BwE

I have the 2 inch wide big apples on my 29er wheels. Yes, they are heavy (800g) but they roll really well and as tgwey are so wide you can take them anywhere except mud

I got mine from planet x for £8 a tyre in the sale. Shop around for them. 2.35 might be harder to find

087seb
    Free Member

I have some slick conti cruiser style 2.2s They come up really bulby on my 21mm inner rims so I’ve never used them. You can have them for postage plus a few quid if you like. They are a weird brown colour though.

Edit – they might actually be the same schwalbes as above but in brown

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions and offer but forgot to say I am also going to be running full mudguard so think those tyres will be too wide

087seb
    Free Member

If you have a 30mm internal rim I’d say it wouldn’t be practical to have anything narrower than a 2.2 tyre otherwise your tyre profile will be all off and might not even sit on the bead properly. Have a look yourself at your rim manufacturers recommendations but I doubt any would say less than 60mm tyre to a 30mm internal rim.

isoo
    Free Member

SKS makes a set of full guards in 72 mm width, should be perfect with a 2.35.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Commuting Tyre for 30mn 29er rim’ is closed to new replies.