Home Forums Bike Forum Commuting help (WARNING FIXED WHEEL content).

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Commuting help (WARNING FIXED WHEEL content).
  • juan
    Free Member

Hi all

I have my new set of wheels built so now just need to put tyres on and screw the cogs.
    However, I have no idea of what side this has to be screwed:

If I screw it from the outside (the cog close to the flange) it looks to me that there is very little space between the cog/spoke.
    If I screw it the other way, it seems to me that I am going to need a maoossive lock ring to get it lock.

Thanks for the help, I can't wait to try and no, no matter how hard I try I won't fit in my sister's jeans….

samuri
    Free Member

the holder goes on first, slot the cog onto that, lockring. Why do you think you need a big one?

juan
    Free Member

Well the thread for the lockring is fairly smaller than the thread for the cog. Plus you probably need a big contact area to avoid the ring to move?
    But it's my first one, so I am learning as I build it.

samuri
    Free Member

with the Miche holder/cog arrangement you've got there, IIRC you just need a normal lockring to hold the cog into the holder. It's been a while since I used one though to be honest.

juan
    Free Member

Cheers samuri
    I'll email charlie to see what he thinksof it.

Sam

IIRC the Miche cog will have a specific lockring with a flange to go over the cog thread and thus contact the cog itself to hold it against the carrier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Commuting help (WARNING FIXED WHEEL content).’ is closed to new replies.