Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ciliary Blue – Disgusting |Service
  • markoc1984

After hearing lots of good things about Ciliary Blue I ordered some prescription lenses for my wayfarer sunglasses.

It has been over 2 weeks since I ordered them and sent off the box with my sunglasses in. I called last Thursday to find out when I can expect my glasses back and I was told they will be receiving the lenses the next day. I have called back Monday and Tuesday to be told the same thing.

Today after they have actually bothered to get in contact with their supplier they have told me that they will not be receiving the lenses until Friday morning, which means that I will not be receiving the glasses until next week.

As I need the glasses for this Friday I have told them to just send me them back in original condition.

The woman on the phone was very rude to me telling me that there was nothing else they can do. The lenses are ready with the manufacturer so surely they can be couriered to them overnight, then glasses sent out to me tomorrow.

Absolutely pathetic.

andybrad

tbh ive never had an issue.

scrap that. one of them was cracked and they replaced it.

IHN

I’ve never had an issue either * 3 pairs.

Sounds like they’ve given you the runaround a bit, which I’d be annoyed with too, but I think you need to recalibrate your definition of ‘disgusting service’ to be honest.

giantalkali
    Free Member

You sound like a right grump, why didn’t you visit a High Street optician?

joebristol

I’ve had great service from them a couple of times now – big with polycarbonate prescription lenses into some old Oakley frames and with normal thin lenses into some old glasses frames. The most time I waited was about a week for the polycarbonate and with the other glasses it was 3 days from the day I posted it until I had them back done.

It sounds like they’ve been slower for you and then you had someone who couldn’t be bothered to check when you’d get the glasses back properly without some persistence. That’s annoying I’ll give you that but disgusting service is a little strong.

JAG

I’ve had good service very recently (April this year).

It sounds like they’ve taken a bit longer than you expected to send you your glasses. Perhaps they didn’t communicate that to you very well but that’s hardly ‘disgusting service’

MTFU.

mattbee

U ok Hun?

markoc1984

Just to clarify; I understand that a lot of you have received good service from them, that’s why I decided to go with them.

The poor service bit was the fact that I spoke to them before ordering and was assured I would get them back within a week of posting, then to keep telling me that I would be receiving them in couple of days without even checking that the lenses would be with them. Then when I spoke to them today and they finally checked where the lenses are and were told that they have been made, but they wouldn’t get them until Friday.

I said that they must be able to arrange a courier to get the lenses delivered to them tomorrow and I would even pay for it. The lady was then very rude to me insisting that there was nothing else they can do.

I am going away Friday afternoon so really wanted them for then and that’s why I checked I would receive them by the end of last week before ordering.

ads678

I had a problem when I sent some flak jackets to them. They did try to get them sorted and the communication I had was good but in the end they just could get the lenses right for that style of frame. I.e. Half frame, interchangeable lenses.

I sent them another pair of old Oakley Valve frames and they put prescription lenses in them no problem.

Took a while but but we got there in the end. I wasn’t in a rush though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ciliary Blue – Disgusting |Service’ is closed to new replies.