Home Forums Bike Forum Cheap cyclocross disk wheel or wheelset ideas.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap cyclocross disk wheel or wheelset ideas.
  • doh
    Free Member

The rear that is missing a spoke and has already had several replaced is finally too wobbly and needs replacing. Need a set (or just rear) of pretty cheap wheels. Disk hubs pref not centre lock running 23″ – 35″ tyres, shimano would be my choice but can only find center locks going cheap

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mavic Crossrides?

€200…

In fact, the 6 bolt Shimano ate cheap as chips, just get a centre lock to 6 bolt adapter?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

or a wanted ad, there will be loads of new/cheap wheels sat in sheds/garages from people that have upgraded to lighter wheels shortly after buying a bike.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It depends how cheap you’re looking at.

I’ve got a set of Hope Hoops with Stans Iron Cross rims that I’m about to list in the classifieds for £200. Not sure if that’s within budget for you?

cynic-al
    Free Member

“cheap wheels = Hope hoops” classic STW LOLs!

IHN

I’ve got a set of Deore hubbed 700c disc wheels you could have for not a lot. Centrelock though.

IHN

I’ve got a set of Deore hubbed 700c disc wheels you could have for not a lot. Centrelock though.

nicholas_yiu

Well, I have emailed notmyrealname ref his wheels, if it works out between us, i will have some deore 6 bolts on alexrims for sale very soon and I wouldn’t be wanting much for them.

jimicarl
    Free Member

I concur on the CrossRides. Not the fanciest or quickest engaging. And these days not the absolute cheapest. But solid wheels that will go the distance if used within Mavic’s recommended use perameters. And the hubs are fully serviceable. I think they’re a good budget investment. We have three CrossRide wheelsets (2/pre2013 & 1/post2013), and have been very happy with them for path-riding, recreational CX, and a fair amount of solid trail-riding.

munkster
    Free Member

I’m very likely to be splitting my CX so will have some Novatec/A23 disc wheels that may be of interest?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap cyclocross disk wheel or wheelset ideas.’ is closed to new replies.