Home Forums Chat Forum Chainsaw Art, My Finger, Post-clean up Photo only

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chainsaw Art, My Finger, Post-clean up Photo only
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was carving a giraffe out of some green oak with a chainsaw and an angle grinder earlier. It was an awkward bit to get to with the chainsaw so I wen to swap for the angle grinder when I noticed some blood. Quite a bit of blood actually covering pretty much my entire hand. It was strange as it was the hand that pulled the trigger but I thought I better stop and clean it up before MrWCA complained about the splatter.

I ran the hose pipe over the back of my hand and top of the arm to get rid of the blood that was obviously run off while I looked for the wound. I was still holding my hand in a fist shape and braced myself to turn my hand over to see which finger tip was missing. I turned it over, hosed it off and it all looked okay. I unclenched my hand, washed the palm of my hand and then each finger until I found the hoffici wound that had caused such apparent carnage.

blokeuptheroad

Anyone else open this thread expecting to see this?

Is disappoint

leffeboy

Anyone else open this thread expecting to see this?

Pretty much everyone

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not even a regional heats class accident, back in the shed and get the circular saw fired up

Ambrose

Seeing the thread title I knew it would be you. Call it a premonition or whatever, but I just knew!

ampthill

Are you sure chain saws are a good idea?

sirromj

hoffici

The little-known alternative term for phalangeal creases?

RustyNissanPrairie

i used this pic in a thread of mine the other day but I feel it’s more appropriate here.
    [/url]

bentandbroken

Is it me, or is the lowest finger a different colour and seemingly not actually attached to the hand?

BigJohn

If you tried to use a palm router I suspect you would give it a new meaning.

longdog
    Free Member

This thread promised so much. I love my gore and medical programs. #dissapointed

dyna-ti

angle grinder

Please tell me you’re not using it with one of those ‘death star’ cutter blade things  😕

Anyway, it’s a minor cut, nothing to worry about. Slap on an elastoplast.

I suppose such a small insignificant nick does remind you to be a bit more observant as to what you are doing.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I suppose such a small insignificant nick does remind you to be a bit more observant as to what you are doing.
    Yes, I was really surprised when I saw all the blood as I hadn’t felt a thing. I know I bleed easy and a lot but before I washed my had, I genuinely thought that I had a major cut / finger removal to deal with. As far as I can work out, it must have been a wood splinter or something thrown back into the finger that fell out once it had cut the skin. This was on my trigger hand so went nowhere near the blade at any point.

Here is an unrelated gore photo I did earlier to keep the blood hungry happy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.