Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chain Reaction – sod's law
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Never had a grumble about them. I order something and it turns up next day, then usually sits in my shed until I get chance to do something with it. The ONE time I want my part urgently it does not get despatched the same day I order it 🙁

There, off my chest 😀

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Urgent parts = LBS for me.

I understand your grump, but personally wouldn’t try and rely on a mail order for urgent stuff. CRC didn’t know you needed it yesterday.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The problem – oft-discussed on here – with LBSs is that for many of us they aren’t very local and the range that most of them stock is pretty poor compared with the mail order sites. Fair enough, if you need an urgent gear cable/brake pad/inner tube for a ride then go to a bike shop (I do have a Halfords locally), but when I can order on CRC and get the goods next day why would I want to inconvenience myself and get in the car to go to the (not very) local bike shop.

The irony is that my bits have always been delivered next day and then stay in the shed doing nothing, but this time – when I really wanted and expected CRC to deliver as they usually do – they didn’t.

Still, I’m a big boy so I’ll get over it 😆

MrTall
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better, the items i ordered from CRC yesterday morning (that i don’t really need until next week) have just arrived and look very shiny indeed. 😉

CRC seem to be back to next day now after a while of 2-3 days. Good stuff. 🙂

thebunk

Order some stuff on Sunday night – it’s still “processing” 😕

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Personally, if I want something from them which I need urgently then I’ll pay for next day delivery.
    I ordered some parts last night which I need for the weekend and I have had an email to say they have been dispatched. You can track the order too.
    I know some people won’t agree with paying extra for postage, but if you really need it then IMO that’s the best way to ensure it arrives in time.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Merlin, Superstar and Wiggle for urgent parts, CRC for stuff I might need in a week or two.

Ordered some new forks from Merlin on Tuesday, had them on Wednesday before 9!

Last CRC order took over a week

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You have to factor in ParcelFarce 48hr with a lot of CRC stuff…..

bigbloke
    Free Member

yup, ordered some stuff tuesday, dispatched virtually straight away…..still no sign of it. Or the other stuff i’ve ordered in the meantime. What happened to the good old CRC with its unbeleivably good service?. Its now so hit and miss , i receive stuff quicker off ebay nowadays, a real shame.

tang
    Free Member

just dont go as far as my neighbor.

on the subject of sods law. planned a new drivetrain order with my 10% voucher, made up the wishlist yesterday and today half of its out of stock…schoolboy error of dawdling on my part.

lcj

CRC invariably never dispatch my stuff the same day, nor did I get a money off voucher. I think I’m black listed with them. 😀

Mackem

Sods law is when I got an email telling me something was now in stock I had no money, now I have some money, it’s out of stock again. (took 3 months to be stock last time, grrrrrrrr)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

tang, Is you’re neighbour aware that you are posting photos of their car including number plate on the WWW?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

dispatched now. Hurrah!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction – sod's law’ is closed to new replies.