Home Forums Bike Forum Carbon frame repair experiences?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carbon frame repair experiences?
  • lordmerchant
    Free Member

I’ve got a cracked rear-driveside chain stay on my Holdsworth Super Professional – PX are adamantly sticking to the line “its crash damage” because the paint has flaked around the crack (defo not the case) – warranty replacement is looking unlikely.

Has anybody any experience of using a Carbon frame repair place?

pothead
    Free Member

Had a cracked downtube repaired by https://carbonbikerepair.co.uk/wp/, seems to be holding up fine so far

fadda

I used Target Composites for a cracked chainstay on my cube stereo, definitely recommend them, very helpful, loads of communication during the process to say what they were doing, and had pics sent to me as well.

BadlyWiredDog

Rob Hayles, aka: re-carb, fixed a cracked head tube and seat-stay on my hideously abused On One carbon cross frame. Bike has since done another 20,000k or so and is going fine:

e-mail: re-carb@outlook.com

Not sure if he’s still operating – used as he’s local to me – but did a good job with the bonus of entertaining ‘when I was a pro rider’ stories thrown in for nowt.

bongle

+1 for Target Composites.  Very tidy job which lasted well and seamless paint finish.  Nice people.

jet26
    Free Member

Another vote for Rob Hayles, done my frame and just done a mates. Based Glossop way. Brilliant repair and top bloke.

rogerturner
    Free Member

I had a seatstay repair by Carbon Wasp in Horsforth. It’s holding up fine. They don’t do paint, but mine is a black frame so it wasn’t an issue.

crazy-legs

Third vote for Rob Hayles. Does excellent work, he did a relatively minor touch up job on a carbon chip on a frame of mine and it was showroom condition when he finished. I’ve seen him do complete frame fixes from broken/crushed tubes before.

vmgscot

If you are down South then try GA Cycles in Southamption

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carbon frame repair experiences?’ is closed to new replies.