Home Forums Chat Forum Car parking in Staveley

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car parking in Staveley
  • sarawak
    Free Member

Lat time I was in Wheelbase car park big signs had appeared threatening doom and gloom to all who parked there for the length of time usual for a day’s riding, unless you paid through the nose for a ticket. Suppose I can understand their point of view – the park was always full by 9AM.
    I’m planning on going back soon, so is the restriction still in force and if so where is the best place to park?

martinhutch

Normally plenty of parking further back up the road which joins the main road closest to Windermere.

tomaso
    Free Member

If you head on up towards Kentmere there is a small free parking area by the wier.
    If you buy you lunch or something from the Mill Yard they will give you the pass for your car that would give enough for a small ride.
    There is now a honesty pay to park facility in Kentmere too.

sarawak
    Free Member

If you head on up towards Kentmere there is a small free parking area by the wier.

Yes, just seen that on Google Earth. Suppose I’ll have to get there early.

If you buy you lunch or something from the Mill Yard they will give you the pass for your car that would give enough for a small ride.

I’ll probably be there before they open and I assume that tickets have to be bought in advance or the Gestapo will pounce.

There is now a honesty pay to park facility in Kentmere too.

Tell me more. Whereabouts is that?
    I could park on street, but for many reasons I prefer not too.

scuttler

Kentmere’s a bit tight on parking for the weekend so don’t plan on parking up there, plus you’re on a bike so unlike when you’re walking no bother if you’re a mile or so off the ideal place to start the route. As martinhutch says tons of road parking (wide and not outside people’s houses to annoy them and get restrictions there – yet) on the way out towards Windermere. Then you can legitimately use the yard parking when you go for pint/cake/bike/artisan bread.

sarawak
    Free Member

Ah yes. The bread shop. Lovely stuff, especially when warm.

richardkennerley

I’ve parked outside bike treks at ings a few times. Just make sure I use the shop/coffee shop. I asked if they minded leaving the car whilst I went for a ride they said it’s fine.

postierich
    Free Member

No charge for parking in Staveley Millyard its permit only from 9am till 5pm for workers and customers(you get a frog permit from which ever business you are going to be in if its for over 2 hours) but I can you tell you that not one person is checking!! But saying that I would not park there during the day as the level of driving is pretty bad with lots of 70 (age) plus people parking up to go to Wilfs and I,ve seen lots of bumps which included someone reversing into my 2 week old works VW Caddy :-(. Its a free for all at the weekend the permits are not used or issued. Please do not park outside residents houses!!! Personally I would park up at the weir next to Barley Bridge

sarawak
    Free Member

Shows how out of touch I am…never knew Biketreks were in Ings.

I’ll probably be going weekends so Staveley parking us back on. I know all about the dodderers as I’ve suffered myself in the past.

bigfoot
    Free Member

there’s also the short bit of old road just before the junction at the windermere end of the village,its only a few hundred yards from my mums house so i don’t use it but there is often space there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car parking in Staveley’ is closed to new replies.