Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Car lease rates explained 6+23 , 3+35, 9+35 ??
  • jamesg55
    Free Member

I can’t quite get my head round the maths of how most firms seem to list their lease deals.

£238 3+23
    £211 6+23
    £190 9+23
    £256 3+35
    £237 6+35
    £219 9+35

bails

£200 3+23
    Means 3*£200 up front (£600) followed by 23 monthly payments of £200.

Edit, if you do the maths they will probably all work out to the same amount over the whole term.

jamesg55
    Free Member

got it. knew it would be simple but just couldn’t figure it out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

^^^no^^^^ it is worth doing, the maths. Mine was about 300 quid cheaper over 2 years with a bigger deposit so it’s worth getting the calc out.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If only there were a forum member with car leasing expertise……

I think that to summon her you just have to say her name 3 times…..

legend
    Free Member

Kryton’s a ‘she’?!?

Scamper
    Free Member

It can work out cheaper with more up front, plus if say 3+33 over a 36 month contract you have 3 months ‘payment holiday’ at the end. Credit rating also comes into it on what you are offered ie 1 plus or 3 plus.

matt_outandabout

I think that to summon her you just have to say her name 3 times…..

Seems there is a tingling on my tongue….

oikeith

I think a forum member from the NE had a recent experience leasing a car, maybe he could help explain? Cant remember his name or his inlaws name though…

isto
    Free Member

The first figure (3+) is the initial rental. The first example given would be £714 (3 * £238) and then 23 payments of £238. If you carry that down for all the different quotes then you can see if there is any difference and which figure makes more sense.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Make sure you decide if you want a lease car before you place the order though, stupid I know but you wouldn’t believe how many people order these things and then change their mind….

How secure are your neighbours bins too? Crucial thing to consider with a lease car

johndoh
    Free Member

Linger around a bit and she may appear.

jamesg55
    Free Member

lol, I might need search for the previous threads. sounds like they could be good.

perchypanther
    Free Member

sounds like they could be good.

One of them was, quite literally, fully loaded, all singing-all dancing Superb

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

On a more serious note you do need to do the maths.

Plus work out the excess mileage rate. It could be cheaper to do less miles on the agreement and pay the pence per mile excess at the end (if you have the cash)

Look at premium brands they can work out cheaper/as cheap to lease as residuals mean the lease isn’t too bad

Oh and have you looked at PCP too?

johndoh
    Free Member

Look at premium brands they can work out cheaper/as cheap to lease as residuals mean the lease isn’t too bad

This

dannybgoode

I’d also take a ling hard look at all the various lease companies out there – deals and service vary considerably.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member
    RichPenny
    Free Member

First part is deposit, typically around £500+VAT. Second part is how many months the agreement you’ve signed is for.

scaredypants

I assumed it was a thread predictor; number of bans / number of pages

ling
    Free Member

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Here I am, cyclists. Put your helmets on.

In fact, I need some new INITIAL RENTAL (I write it in caps for the dimmer cyclists) gifs for my website, because some people want a longer initial rental period than the 3-months I have always shown (also other companies insist on advertising with daft 9-month IRs, to trick people into thinking the rentals are cheaper) …. so I though I’d share how I’m making them.

I try to do as much “real” as possible, the only digi bit will be a digital-style typface number to be divved on this sign board. I even make the board with real flashing lights (Land Rover LED indicators rigged up to a 12v motorbike battery jammed in the back of my pants like a Colt 45), rather than div them on later. Real is better than fake.

[video]https://youtu.be/HXrkAduOCiU[/video]

I film in my barn using a GoPro Hero 5 in 4k 30fps. Well-lit, including some backlighting to avoid a green halo effect. Then will be edited by David (my super new front end chap) in Premiere and After Effects on his new iMac.

The segments are then cut into small interesting bits, and reversed halfway through to make a reasonably smooth “looped” gif.

It’s a lot of effort, but a million times better than the crappy generic images used by other car websites.

[img]https://www.lingscars.com/images/initial-rental2/big2_9.gif[/img][img]https://www.lingscars.com/images/initial-rental2/big3_6.gif[/img]

How good can it get? These have been reduced to 64 colours to reduce the Kb weight, but still, not bad eh?

– Ling

ling
    Free Member

Also, before anyone asks “how did Ling know we were all gobbing off about her?”

Well, I monitor my website and email myself when I get a bit of unique traffic:

Look…

Snot rocket science 🙂

– Ling

ling
    Free Member

scaredypants

you look a bit too grumpy on the 3 month one, Ling

Poopscoop

Heard your court appearance didn’t go well Ling! :mrgreen:

No, not “that” one.

The other one.

ling
    Free Member

Poopscoop – Member

Heard your court appearance didn’t go well Ling!

No, not “that” one.

The other one.

You’ll be pleased to hear, and to celebrate, that I have *STILL* never lost a court appearance. 🙂

– Ling

ling
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

you look a bit too grumpy on the 3 month one, Ling

It’s you lot that make me grumpy… cyclists on Radio 2, it’s a never-ending outrage.

– Ling

Legoman
    Free Member

WT actual F!

I seem to have stumbled onto some surreal parallel universe during my, otherwise uneventful, lunch break…

plyphon
    Free Member

Ha, great.

Never change, Ling.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Car lease rates explained 6+23 , 3+35, 9+35 ??’ is closed to new replies.