Home Forums Bike Forum Canyon Neuron Sizing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon Neuron Sizing
  • neilv
    Free Member

My wife and me are returning to mountain biking after a few years away (facilitated by someone nicking our bikes) and have been considering a Canyon Neuron. However the recommended sizing seems wrong. My wife is 170cm and comes up as a size small and I am 190cm and comes up as large. However the reach doesn’t look right compared to other bikes and this https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/what-size-mountain-bike-do-i-need.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/productpdf/geometry/?pid=3166

Has anyone got one?

vicksplace
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2023 womens medium and I’m 170cm.  It fits like a glove.  Personally  I wouldn’t want the small, it would be too small.

Canyon size guide is weird.   Also consider smalls are 27.5 so if she wants 29er she’d need a medium.

ampthill

The key is the length. Do you know the top tube and stem length on your old bikes? Or reach and stem length

I think Canyon tell you max and min saddle height on the website

sgn23
    Free Member

I’m 183cm and Canyon recommend M/L for the 2023 Neuron. I’d never consider a M. I did a demo on L and XL and came away preferring the XL for its extra stability descending, though looking at the figures I should be on an L. I found the reach on the L a tad too short for me.

Canyon may still have some demo events coming up.

I was impressed with the bike, I found it better than the Spectral, though I haven’t bought one yet.

devash
    Free Member

Canyon’s sizing tool on their website seems to be stuck in the mid-2000s. Also recommended a Medium on some bikes for me when I’m a leggy 6ft.

OP, depending on how long you’ve been away from riding, you might find that reach numbers have grown quite a bit.

damitamit
    Free Member

My partner is looking at these and also confused. Website suggests a small but comparing geo to my bike Medium seems like it will fit her at 168cm. Only thing is the standover looks really high compared to other bikes.

Has this been a problem for people here who have them?

vicksplace
    Free Member

Mine is on the edge, standover-wise.  I’ve got just over 30 inch inside leg.

I can standover the top tube but only just

reluctantjumper

I’ve got a 2021 Neuron (think it’s the previous model but similar) and I’m on a Medium. I’m 172cm with a 29″ inseam and it fits me perfectly. The calculator put me on a small at the time but went off the geo numbers on my other bikes to choose the medium, glad I did plus I wanted a 29″ wheel. Easily have enough room for a 150mm dropper and stand over is tight but comfortable.

Ben_Haworth

Wife : M

You : XL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.