Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can't receive hotmail emails with gmail account?
  • JCornford

At work we have changed IT Support, server and emails, we are now all using gmail accounts, but we are experiencing issues receiving email from anyone with a hotmail account, according to our IT support google block it as spam and don't let it though and there is nothing that can be done about it. Is that correct or are they talking rubbish?

robbo1234biking

My Mrs uses hotmail and mails me to my gmail account so no issues here! Doesnt really help but I dont think the IT department are right!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

They are talking sh1t mate. Gmail lets hotmail through fact. It's probably the firewall they've got or spam filter settings within the e-mail server. They just need to white list all hotmail addresses but some IT guys aren't keen because of the amount of spam generated through hotmail accounts. I'm no IT expert though and i'm sure several will be along shortly.

uplink
    Free Member

and there is nothing that can be done about it. Is that correct or are they talking rubbish?

It's rubbish, you could simply check your email at home

HTH

nbt

Someone's talking rubbish, I use both hotmail and gmail and they talk to each other just fine

dooosuk
    Free Member

My Mrs uses hotmail and mails me to my gmail account so no issues here!

Same as above for me. No issues.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Why are you talking to robbo1234biking's Mrs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can't receive hotmail emails with gmail account?’ is closed to new replies.