Home Forums Chat Forum Can you move HD Channels on Sky?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can you move HD Channels on Sky?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

I’d prefer BBC 1 HD to be channel no 1 on my Sky box? Searching through links via google seems to indicate you can’t do this but I’d thought I’d ask the STW hivemind as well.

BoardinBob

Can’t be done.

I assume sticking BBC HD way down the listings was a bit of a “f*ck you” from Sky to the BBC

You can set certain channels as favourites though which may make it quicker to access them.

DezB
    Free Member

Just press 143 ;-)

Hohum
    Free Member

I was going to mention the favourites route as well.

I tried this once and I seem to recall that you could only have a limited number of favourites, which wasn’t that good in my opinion.

DezB
    Free Member

How many do you need?!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I assume sticking BBC HD way down the listings was a bit of a “f*ck you” from Sky to the BBC

Yeah they tried (and failed) to make Sky 1 the first channel on all Sky boxes (ie 101) – it was over-ruled by OFGEN or the RSPCA or something.

BoardinBob

How many do you need?!

There are a lot of “900” channels so the favourites get filled pretty quickly…

BoardinBob

Yeah they tried (and failed) to make Sky 1 the first channel on all Sky boxes (ie 101) – it was over-ruled by OFGEN or the RSPCA or something.

I’m also fairly certain Sky make the the BBC HD channels look a bit crap. Certainly not as sharp as their own HD stuff. The BBC news channel is noticeably poorer quality than Sky news.

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

Gardeners World doesn’t look that bad in HD when it is on :oops:

DezB
    Free Member

1) There are a lot of “900” channels so the favourites get filled pretty quickly.

2) The BBC news channel is noticeably poorer quality than Sky news

1) Making sense now

disco_stu
    Free Member

Ive done the favorites and I’m sure 143 will become second nature at some point

The BBC news channel is noticeably poorer quality than Sky news.

I didn’t think the BBC News channel was HD, they only have BBC HD and BBC one HD?

BoardinBob

Good point, I meant whenever they show the news on the HD channel, it looks crap.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I believe BBC One HD isn’t on 101 because there are no regional variants on HD yet. Same reason why ITV1 HD isn’t on 103.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

BBC News isnt HD, nor do they have the infrastructure to do HD, the BBC are so cheap they only use 2mhz of bandwidth for each news live tx which is why it looks so crap, sky use 10mhz and in HD.

BBC HD looks fine to me though im sure alot of the stuff on BBC one HD is just upconverted to HD.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can you move HD Channels on Sky?’ is closed to new replies.