Home Forums Bike Forum can I get a bike in a ford ka?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • can I get a bike in a ford ka?
  • sefton
    Free Member

can I get a mtb in the back of a ford ka?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Yes, or no, depends on bike surely, 15″ xc or 20″ downhill monster ?

Keef
    Free Member

only if you remove all the Hair dressers first……

shadowrider
    Free Member

You could take the wheels off and cut the frame into pieces, it should go in easily then.

sefton
    Free Member

medium turner flux

t-p26
    Free Member

A friend put a TREK69er in the back of one and travelled from down south way, to the real world….

yunki
    Free Member

if you really want to you’ll find a way

Bregante

Try it? Can’t see why not. Mate of mine gets his HT in his wife’s Toyota Aygo!

Houns

Yep, used to get my large Blur LT in my ex’s

honourablegeorge

My mate got himself, his dog, his Mrs, their weekend bags, full face, riding gear, and a Kona Stinky into a Smart car and drove it across France.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’ve done a week away with lots of gear, and 2 DH bikes in a Ka before now. 2 surfboards on the roof for maximum radness as well.

sefton
    Free Member

so people have definitely got a mans mtb in the boot with the back seats down?

bonj
    Free Member

obviously you will be able to do it, but it’ll be a PITA.
    i.e. if you mean “will it be physically possible to make a journey”, given that a ford ka is the only option, for one specific journey, then yes.

if you mean “should I consider getting a ford ka” for mtb purposes generally, then no.

mintimperial

It can be done, I fitted a bike in a Ford Ka a couple of times many years ago, seats down in the back, not much room for anything else…

robbo167
    Free Member

Yep…2x bikes and camping kit(bit sluggish uphill tho)…..can even get my 18 inch Inbred single speed in without taking the back wheel or seatpost out…theres more room than you think!

Edric64
    Free Member

I used to time trial using a Mini with the bike on the back seat in pieces and once put two mtbs in a Citroen LNA for a trip to the national downhill champs in North Wales with a weekends kit as well

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I can’t remember what small car it was, but when we were cycling round the “Applecross loop” a few years ago there was a German chap with an old Norton fitted in by dint of removing the front passenger seat and the bike lying fore and aft. In the days when road racing bikes were proper motorcycles and not four cylinder vacuum cleaners on wheels this was not an uncommon method.

Bound to work for a mountain bike and indeed this http://www.blayleys.com/articles/cars/index.htm shows a tandem fitted in to a Honda Jazz in that manner.

AlasdairMc
    Free Member

I used to regularly get two in the back of an old style one with camping gear. One was a large Enduro, you just need to remove both wheels and stack them on their sides.

faaz
    Free Member

done it, and it worked fine. 19″ frame. front wheel off, in from passenger side, ram forks against far seatbelt, shove rear end in, push seat back.

Chuck in rear wheel, away.

saleem
    Free Member

Yes and I did until I smashed mine a week ago

robinbetts
    Free Member

I saw a couple in north Wales unloading their two bikes from the back of a KA. They had the seats down, and the bikes stood upside down, facing front to back. Handle bars at the front and straight across to stop the frames falling over. Wheels off obviously. I was very impressed. Usually carry my bike like that now, even with a bigger car. Takes up the smallest footprint.

hora
    Free Member

Lift the rubber seal in the doorway/sill and check for rust there- its easily to lift/replace

edhornby

remove both wheels

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘can I get a bike in a ford ka?’ is closed to new replies.