Home Forums Bike Forum Cage lock for Shimano – DIY / 3D print

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cage lock for Shimano – DIY / 3D print
  • bikesandboots

Looking at the little screw that sticks out almost 1cm from the cage, I thought you could print/carve/drill something to push onto that to lock the cage forward. Same result as the SRAM built-in one (I guess they have a patent on it).

Turns out people are already doing it – various designs and printer files available online:

cage lock

Thought it’d be a useful little gadget to have, something to try if you have a printer or tools/skills and some wood.

Poopscoop

Got to admit it, its one of the most wonderfully simple and useful things to have on a mech. Sad as it sounds, it appalls me to not have one on my son’s bike when I take the wheel out.😁

dc1988

It’s a great idea, best of both worlds. It is beautifully simple and makes removing the rear wheel so much easier, seems strange it took so long for it to be invented!

bikesandboots

I had this this design printed by SGD, fits and works great. No other print shop worked out as remotely reasonable value unless you wanted quite a few, due to setup and/or delivery charges.

dc1988

I take it it’s something you just clip in place whilst removing the wheel and will have to remember not to lose?

bikesandboots

Yes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cage lock for Shimano – DIY / 3D print’ is closed to new replies.