Home Forums Chat Forum Builder dumping stuff on road

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Builder dumping stuff on road
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Can I assume that all those posting ‘get over it’ comments would be perfectly happy if it were outside their own houses? If so can they PM me their addresses please, I’ve got a ton of stuff to get rid of. Ta.

(-)1 for comprehension of the issue at hand.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Cougar, a ton of earth really does not go very far, fill many potholes, or make a very big pile.

I suggest going in with at least twenty tons.

Can you post an update later on? This is very exciting.

Personally, I’m finding it impossible to concentrate on keeping an eye on the freshly applied paint I have drying.

oldtennisshoes

That image is crying out for a bit of work by @Jamie or @MrsToast (hopefully including rainbows)

Cougar

(-)1 for comprehension of the issue at hand.

I comprehend the issue perfectly.

The OP asks whether others think this is an acceptable practice and certain corners of the userbase have reacted as if he’s just called 999 because KFC ran out of chicken nuggets.

A meringue?

the00
    Free Member

Cougar
    Can I assume that all those posting ‘get over it’ comments would be perfectly happy if it were outside their own houses? If so can they PM me their addresses please, I’ve got a ton of stuff to get rid of. Ta.

Well, I’d probably speak to the neighbor or the builder before jumping to the conclusions or posting on here. What you suggest doing is completely different to what the builder is doing, I hoe you can see the difference.
    I don’t think that the way the builder has gone about the job in a very good way, but I bet it was done like that because the neighbor didn’t want the soil on their driveway. Speaking to them would be a good way to find out though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I comprehend the issue perfectly.

The OP asks whether others think this is an acceptable practice and certain corners of the userbase have reacted as if he’s just called 999 because KFC ran out of chicken nuggets.

The situation is rather different from your hypothetical offer to dump stuff at users addresses. This would be more like leaving your car outside over night.

It’s not dumping it’s temporary placement.

Cougar

The situation is rather different from your hypothetical offer to dump stuff at users addresses.

But I might be picking it up again in a couple of days.

This would be more like leaving your car outside over night.

When you park up your car for the night, does it leave a large patch of filth behind or run the risk of damage to the tarmac?

It’s not dumping it’s temporary placement.

But absolutely no-one on this thread knew for sure whether it was a “temporary placement” or not until the grabber turned up. The conclusion-jumping was equally invalid as which side of the discussion happened to be doing it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

run the risk of damage to the tarmac?

Arguably….probably a higher chance of my car doing that than the earth.

Its significantly /nee certainly that it was going to be removed. You don’t tend to pay to have dirt dumped Infront of your house for eternity.

Cougar

probably a higher chance of my car doing that than the earth.

I didn’t mean the soil, I meant the collection process.

redmex
    Free Member

Worse when you have someone living nearby with a severe oil leak dripping from their old Fiesta or farmers they chuck loads on the road with a pityful mud on road splattered sign if your lucky

Kahurangi

It was just resting on the road!

commencaltr29rider
    Free Member

I think he’s making a mountain out of a molehill.

tomparkin

Tbh I think you’re all making a mountain out of a molehill.

Edit: beaten to the punch by @maurice, gosh darn it

richmtb

Some size of mole.

Anyway a second pile of dirt has replaced the first one.

Presumably it will be lifted tomorrow. I might ask the grabber guy for a shot it looked like fun.

I still think dumping a load of loose material directly on a road is a bit half-arsed but I won’t lose any sleep over it.

neilnevill
    Free Member

its a very specif and limited pile of dirt, and merely a fallback.

wardee
    Free Member

Where are the drains in the road? They tend not to works as well if you block them with loose soil.

tarquin
    Free Member

Should be on the driveway not in the highway.

Don’t want to damage the drive, two sheets of ply 4×8 cost about £20. Partial roll of visqueen underneath, turn the edges up if it looks like rain.

Would mean the grabber could pull up at the kerb and not block the road off then too.

It’s going to leave a load of soil behind in the road which then needs sweeping up properly or as said you’ll end up with trails of mud.

squirrelking
    Free Member

When you park up your car for the night, does it leave a large patch of filth behind or run the risk of damage to the tarmac?

He drives a Land Rover so….

…probably?

In the context of the question though, in what way would soil and turf damage the tarmac or leave a large patch of filth (that can’t just be swept up)? I’ve probably seen more tarmac damage via oil ingress (which doesn’t just clean up) than a bit of dirt.

Cougar

In the context of the question though, in what way would soil and turf damage the tarmac

It won’t. But again, “I didn’t mean the soil, I meant the collection process.” Is this ‘grabber’ capable of lifting 100% of loose soil dumped directly onto Tarmac with zero risk of damage to said Tarmac?

or leave a large patch of filth (that can’t just be swept up)?

Are they sweeping it up?

Poopscoop

Overall, as long as the neighbour isn’t a nightmare for other reasons I’d not be too concerned myself op.

Cougar

Ironic post / username juxtaposition of the day award… (-:

trail_rat
    Free Member

Are they sweeping it up?

I’d assume they want paid. You don’t tend to pay folk who have done half a job unless you are a mug.

TheBrick
    Free Member

two sheets of ply 4×8 cost about £20.

That’s a brilliant price where are you getting full sheets of ply for that price?

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Builder dumping stuff on road’ is closed to new replies.