• This topic has 63 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by benos.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Buffets I have no self control
  • Pigface
    Free Member

My stomach hurts, what is it about buffet food that makes me have no self control, it wasn’t even nice but I just keep eating it, anyone else suffer the same?

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

Username checks out.
    But yes, I too am unable to control myself at a buffet. Especially weak around sausage rolls.

slowoldman

The last couple of weddings I went to there were waiters/esses wandering around with amazing things on sticks. Belly Pork, Prawns, sausages, mini roast spuds. I was stuffed before dinner came around. Perhaps that was the idea.

theotherjonv

all you can eat asian style, or wedding style?

The former – is all I can eat, and then some more

scratch
    Free Member

Never felt so ill as the night spent at the worldwide buffet in a hotel in Suzhou, I’d have just about been OK but free Tsingtao was included with the buffet, 4 pints in they literally had to clear up around me while saying ‘buffet finish now!’ I literally could not move.

I did wonder if the concept of all you can eat buffet with free lager would work in the UK but then quickly became apparent it’d be a terrible business opportunity as it’d be tactical chunder central with people carrying on to plate up

longdog
    Free Member

#metoo I try to avoid them like the plague. I’m just hopeless. Just now I avoid them due to the plague.

beej

Buffet style work lunches were my downfall (in the olden days when we went to offices). I think I have this 1970s guilt of not wanting to leave food behind so I’ll try and make sure all of it is eaten.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno, but I just made myself a sort of vaguely Lebanese / Mediterranian “salad” for dinner.

Handful of salad leaves
    Tomato
    Few sundried tomatoes
    5 small falaffels
    Dollop of hummus
    Some Quinoa
    Cucumber in mint yogurt
    Halloumi – 4 thin slices)
    Fetta – a couple of rows of cubes off the block
    shredded Red cabbage – the thinnest slice
    Half a pepper
    1 grated Carrot
    Chilli oil and lemon juice to dress
    On some flatbread

Nothing individually. But somehow overflowed a massive bowl and I’m not able to move for the rest of the evening.

And now I cant move.

n.b. I have big hands, that is a huge bowl, the flatbreads are actually mission deli wraps, its not a side plate and some pita.

Houns

Highlight of a visit to Vegas were the buffets

That’s how bad vegas is

Ambrose

Scratch, I have pics from a very messy bothy trip BITD.

Your reputation is building

MoreCashThanDash

I regard “all you can eat” as a direct challenge to my fragile male ego, so I like to show them who’s boss!

dyna-ti

Buffets – NEVER HAVE A STARTER 😉

MrPottatoHead

Why stop at a buffet? This pretty much sums up my life in general when it comes to food. Sometimes I disgust myself at how much I can put away and still come back for more.

bigblackshed

It really should be my family’s moto, “never refuse free food”.

After years of eating and eating I’m now starting to exert some self control around food. I was brought up with a if it’s on your plate you eat it mentally. Never, ever waste food. It’s genuinely a mental eating disorder for me.

The only way I can do a buffet now is to have one plate and then stop.

slowoldman

Give over @thisisnotaspoon. That’s a starter.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s how bad vegas is

Couldn’t agree more.

dmorts

tactical chunder central with people carrying on to plate up

I’m pretty sure they did this in times gone by at banqueting feasts…. or maybe that was the PC version taught in school and it wasn’t just the vast amounts of food, but actually food and beer

binners

Why stop at a buffet? This pretty much sums up my life in general when it comes to food. Sometimes I disgust myself at how much I can put away and still come back for more

Amen to that, brother

Cheese boards in particular. It doesn’t matter what volume of cheese you put in front of me, I’m not stopping until it’s finished. The same applies for the red wine accompanying it. Shall I just open another bottle? Oh… go on then? I’ll grab some more crackers while I’m at it…

frankconway

The solution is to bring back the vomitarium from Roman times; eat as much as you can, pop out to the vomitarium, make yourself throw-up – finger or something else down the throat, clean up, mouth refresh and…good to go again!

cloudnine
    Free Member

I remember having to be carried out of a pizza place that did an all you can eat night.. something like 17 pieces washed down with a few beers.. I think the dough slowly expanded resulting in painful cramps.

theotherjonv

The solution is to bring back the vomitarium from Roman times; eat as much as you can, pop out to the vomitarium, make yourself throw-up – finger or something else down the throat, clean up, mouth refresh and…good to go again!

I believe this as a practise is true, but that’s not a vomitorium.

A vomitorium is the passage in a theatre or ampitheatre by which the crowd can leave quickly at the end of the show. Quite prosaic.

MoreCashThanDash

Why stop at a buffet? This pretty much sums up my life in general when it comes to food. Sometimes I disgust myself at how much I can put away and still come back for more

Amen to that, brother

Sadly me too. I have an unhealthy relationship with food.

monkeyboyjc

Brown buffet ? – no thanks.

A nice mixed, colourful buffet – oh yeah….

Warren Buffett – 💵💵💵

theotherjonv

Phoebe Buffet?

natrix
    Free Member

I agree with BBShed:

if it’s on your plate you eat it

yup

Never, ever waste food.

with you there

The only way I can do a buffet now is to have one plate and then stop.

same for me

Phoebe Buffet?

I would have no control…………….

binners

Brown buffet ? – no thanks

Don’t be daft! All the best buffet’s are beige

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I eat food to stay alive, so don’t belong in this thread. I feel grubby just being here.

bfw

Me too!!

I am am terrible, mini Pork pies are my nemesis…

We (my family) have a saying now ‘I (Daddy) eat like a pig!’.. I ride lots and am in pretty good shape almost 55 year old, but honestly if I could just cut dowm on my portion size I would be in super, tip-top shape.

I have cut down a lot over the years, and I hardly drink. I just eat like a pig sometimes… and feel sick, dreadful, plus this is getting worse but I still cant stop myself

PS – what the hell is a Phoebe Buffet?

Mark

RustySpanner

First rule of buffet?
    Start in the middle.
    That’s where all the good stuff is.

Houns

That’s how bad vegas is

Yep.

Cougar

The thing with a buffet is, it’s something else to do with your face so that you don’t have to interact with people you barely know.

Pigface
    Free Member

Cougar that is a very valid point.

kayak23

They’re not very healthy for vampires seemingly.

bigblackshed

@kayak23

I see what you did there. I like the cut of your jib, sir!

intheborders
    Free Member

Off to a buffet? Do like my lads do, have a starvation day before – especially when Dad’s paying.

I took my 3 to the Chinese buffet between Edinburgh & Dalkeith a few years ago, bet they thought that 4 skinny blokes weren’t going to harm their profits – guess again.

Cougar

“Oh, anyway, excuse me, my plate is bereft of the three crisps and a peanut I loaded it with just before you arrived.” It’s either that or taking up smoking.

I love my friends and miss them terribly. I like people despite my comedy protestations to the contrary so long as they’re ‘carefully screened’. The rest of the great unwashed, not so much.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I can’t use buffets anymore because of the lack of back support.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Its only a buffet if all food groups are brown, including brown sauce and chutney.

I ****ing love a buffet…. i am Northern after all.

supernova

Generation X – always told to finish our food because there were people starving in the world and who’s parents could just about remember rationing. So complete pigs at a buffet. I’m always telling my kids they don’t have to eat it all as obesity is the big problem for their generation.

juanking

Buffets in the midst of a pandemic, no thanks!

136stu
    Free Member

That’s how bad vegas is

I presume it’s not like Orlando then, where there is more on the floor around the gondolas than actually in them. Was like watching pigs at a trough.

But UK party buffet- can’t get enough sausage rolls.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.