Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Briquette type logs for stoves…
  • cb

Sure I saw a thread on here recently suggesting a brand of briquettes that had some good bulk deals available – buggered if I can find it though!

Any suggestions – north west / south manc based.

Cheers

aP
    Free Member

Has anyone had any success with the papier-mâché type home made briquettes?

cb

cheers drac

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Has anyone had any success with the papier-mâché type home made briquettes?”

you mean the wet some paper and compress it down using your briquette maker and let it dry…..then burn it

if so – the grand parents had a go at this back in the 80s when QVC were selling them on sky as the latest great thing…… it uses more paper than you think , produces alot of ash and is very time consuming.

jimmy

Noticed Aldi had tonnes in at the weekend. Looked like a wood equivalent of a cereal bar.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A friend tried the wet paper gadget yonks ago. The blocks took forever to dry out.

aP
    Free Member

Thanks, I thought it probably wouldn’t be as easy or good as they suggested….

sandwicheater

Has anyone had any success with the papier-mâché type home made briquettes?

Burn pretty well, if you have a sauce of free paper (I collect the shredding from my office) it’s worth it. As said above, produces allot of ash. I normally burn them with a single wood log.

Needs to be a very sunny week for them to dry out (summer only). Takes a good few days if left in the sun.

It is a pain in the bum making them though.

nickc

it uses more paper than you think , produces alot of ash and is very time consuming.

sort of good enough in combination with wood, but next to pointless on it’s own. Still a massive waste of time though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Briquette type logs for stoves…’ is closed to new replies.