Home Forums Bike Forum Brand-X Ascend 11 Dropper Seatpost stack height

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brand-X Ascend 11 Dropper Seatpost stack height
  • asbrooks

Apologies if this has been done already, I’ve spent the last couples of hours googling and reading threads to no avail.

I currently have the original ascend dropper in 100mm drop flavour and it’s worked flawlessly for the last two or so years. I bought the 100mm because it was all that would fit in my frame at the time, the 120mm version would have been too high fully extended.
    Since then though, I now use shorter cranks and slightly thicker pedals, to counter this I have lifted the seat height by about 10mm but could go up another 5mm or so. However, as usual every thing has an equal and opposite effect, it doesn’t go down as far as I would like.

The ascend two post, does it have a lower stack over the original version, the collar height and the height to the rails? Or is the one-up post the answer to my problems, albeit more costly?

Or is there anything else that’s reasonably priced?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, or better still could you measure the collar height and the with the seat fully dropped to the rails. If you have an alternative option.

Happy Easter 😊

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

My advice would be that pnw do their loam seatpost which has tool-less travel adjust which will adjust -25mm from maximum travel.

They have a very short overall length so you would be able to size up and then reduce the travel in 5mm increment until it’s how you like it.

The price difference is both minimal and justifiable and if they don’t have your flavour in stock I am assured they are restocking at the end if April.

asbrooks

@boxwithinawindow
    Thanks for posting that, it’s quite a nice design trick that tool less travel adjust. Hmm, something to think about as it comes without the lever.

asbrooks

I have just realised that the ascend 11 is externally routed, my bad 🤦‍♂️

So, it looks like I’m actually after a low stack dropper post.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brand-X Ascend 11 Dropper Seatpost stack height’ is closed to new replies.