Home Forums Chat Forum Bournemouth/Bristol/Exeter – New Year’s Eve?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bournemouth/Bristol/Exeter – New Year’s Eve?
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Thinking about going to either of those cities for NYE, live roughly equidistant to them.

Anyone know of any decent large events going on in either city? I haven’t got a scooby!
    We don’t really just want to go clubbing if we can help it, and don’t do cheesy discos in village halls! – thinking somewhere with a firework display or suchlike? From what I read, Bournemouth’s stopped doing the fireworks by the pier.. :(

dmjb4
    Free Member

I live in Bournemouth, and its a bit ‘hen and stag do’… Overpriced wine bars with no soul.

We always liked the fireworks on the pier, and we used to watch them from Jazz Juice at the showbar in our younger days. I don’t think they did them last year, so I guess this year is a no too.

I always find Bristol a bit ‘violent’ – police horses monitoring taxi queues etc.

Of the three I would pick Exeter – I have never been, but its a uni town so probably has plenty of good pubs.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Aye, the only prob. with Exeter is that I don’t know it at all, but am familiar with t’other two.
    I know what you mean about B’mouth & Brizzle though. :wink:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bournemouth/Bristol/Exeter – New Year’s Eve?’ is closed to new replies.