Home Forums Bike Forum Bottom bracket too for SRAM DUB installation

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bottom bracket too for SRAM DUB installation
  • Locoboy
    Free Member

Of course my shimano BB tool that i’ve used for years wont fit this new SRAM DUB BB
    It has 24 indents around it’s outer edge and I can’t find a tool on line that will work with it!
    I’ve even been on Park Tools website and it doesn’t seem that they have anything either.
    Am I missing something really obvious?
    Cheers

joebristol

You need a park tools BBT-79. There is another make that has a cheaper tool but I forget which it is. It wasn’t out when I got my dub bb so I had to bite the bullet and pay park tools money.

If you’re in Bristol you can borrow mine.

Locoboy
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, Sadly I’m not in Bristol!
    That tool says its for 12 notch BB’s, Am I right in thinking that it only locates on every other notch then, seeing as mine has 24 notches in the bb?
    Cheers

joebristol

Definitely only has 12 notches but it fits on dub and wiggle now list it as dub compatible too – and there are q&a on Amazon with people also commenting it fits dub.

I was annoyed my icetools one I’ve had for years didn’t fit – yet that was compatible with gxp and ht2.

andyrm
    Free Member

A RaceFace cinch tool fits perfectly, so if you search for that instead, you’ll hopefully find a cheaper option!

bigblackshed

Park Tools BBT-79 is the tool you need. It’s the same as RaceFace cinch as mentioned above. I just bought on for a mate who’s BB is creaking like a creaky thing. We’re hoping that it’s just dry in the shell, rather than the bearings being goosed.

One thing to rant about. We’ve had 24mm HT BB bearings for years. They’re OK. Then everyone decides that 30mm bearings will be 0.00000001% stiffer. So what waht does SRAM do? 28.99mm bearings! Why?

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I’ve toolz also make one for £15
    Type sram dub BB tool into Google and the world’s your oyster .

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Also I’m in calderdale if that’s close to you your welcome to borrow it

greyspoke
    Free Member

Apparently 30mm od axles are just a bit too big to allow for a muck sealing tube inside a standard BB, the extra mm clearance makes all the diff.

ogri
    Free Member

There’s a Dub BB and the tool to suit on Pinkbike.I think the seller is willing to sell them separately.

thepurist

I had a Rotor BB tool kicking about that fitted DUB just fine, so another option to look for.

kneed
    Free Member

This one from IceToolz worked perfectly for me:

Merlin

seadog101

Call me disgusting, but mine went on fine with a pipe wrench and a guess at tightness…

One day such laziness will come to haunt me in the style of a knackered BB in the middle of the moors.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

seadog101 is Sam Pilgrim and I claim my £5.

Another vote for the BBT-79.

granny_ring

That 5 in 1 looks like another tool to add to the collection…..
    Easy to use?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bottom bracket too for SRAM DUB installation’ is closed to new replies.