• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by wors.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bolton Wanderers
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Just read the latest club statement following on from EFLs decision to stop the Brentford game. Sad days. This is what happens when you transfer business from an egotistical clown to a fraudulent shytebag.

Mr Bassini addressed the squad prior to the game against Aston Villa on Friday 19 April. At this meeting he gave a commitment to arrange payment to the players and coaching staff who are still due their outstanding salaries from March by no later than Wednesday 24 April.

Despite further promises made to both the team manager and senior representatives of the squad no funding has been made available to allow payment to the staff or players.

Mr Bassini also failed to make the funds available, which he confirmed would be placed in the club’s account prior to the Aston Villa game. These funds were required to ensure the attendance of the emergency services under the stadium’s safety certificate.

binners

As someone married to a Bolton Wanderers fan, I know they’ve been despairing for some time now. Given his past record, it has come as a surprise to absolutely no-one that Bassini hasn’t come up with the goods.

Its a tragedy really whats happened to the club. Its pure desperation to even be entertaining a shyster like that to bail you out. Looks like a very real prospect they might not be around for much longer.

martinhutch

So many clubs in the Championship are over-extending themselves in a gamble to try to grab the Premiership millions that those who either fail to gain promotion or pick the wrong backer can find themselves in the shit pretty quickly.

I think we can expect other big clubs to hit very hard times if this cycle continues.

alanl
    Free Member

Notts County could be non-league today.
    The oldest Club out of the leagues for the first time.

Notts County could be non-league today.
    The oldest Club out of the leagues for the first time.

Second oldest club 😉

sadexpunk

Second oldest club

must admit, i thought county were the oldest?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

must admit, i thought county were the oldest?

Me too,if it’s not Notts County then who’s the oldest club?

Sheffield FC, play in Dronfield. Think they were 1857 and County 1862 or something like that.

Question though – who the **** did they play? 🤣

sarawak
    Free Member

Didnt Sheffield FC win the very first World Cup, long before the present version began?

oldtennisshoes

I stayed in the hotel at the stadium last night. The hotel staff had their wages paid late. The phones were red hot this morning with folk cancelling rooms. As a born Boltonian I find it a really sad state of affairs. Whoever thought that Bassini is the answer is clearly incompetent. What kind of due diligence process could allow this? I feel sorry for the non-playing staff especially.
    Maybe big Sam could buy the club? 🤔

kilo

West Auckland F.C. for first word cup win

sarawak
    Free Member

Ah. Sorry. I knew it was an old established club, I just picked the wrong one!!!

MSP

What I don’t get is what is Bassini’s plan, how does he expect to profit from this. I take it that it is just a basic business asset stripping exercise, but I don’t see what the assets are worth if the football club is ruined. The ground is worthless without Bolton wanders, a hotel attached to an unused stadium again would appear to be useless.

Taking football out of the equation, it should be against the law to act in such a way. I really believe that horrific immorality by the rich is encouraged by law, while poverty is essentially criminalised.

sadexpunk

Sheffield FC, play in Dronfield. Think they were 1857 and County 1862 or something like that.

yes but arent we talking league clubs?

yes but arent we talking league clubs?

So what when County drop out of the league, are they no longer the second oldest club?

Rich_s

I can’t believe I’m replying on a wendyball thread…

Sheffield, England
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/aeGRKBtFen1pF7po7

binners

MSP – I’d imagine that Bassini’s plan is to repeat the sorry recent history of the hedge fund owners at Coventry, or the Oystons at Blackpool.

There’s millions to be made from bankrupting football clubs for the imaginative and morality-free asset stripper

mahalo

ooh never seen a thread about my team on here before!! shame its not under better circumstances…

LB is obviously a shyster, watford fans have been very forthcoming in their opinions of him! but Ken Anderson is a bigger crook, a real slimy despicable rat, so im giving LB the benefit of doubt at the moment, because anything is better than KA and he’s our only real option of a saviour at present…

in fairness to LB, i wouldnt be handing over any of my own money to pay the players before the takeover is complete and ratified either. and i also understand its not as simple as doing that anyway as salaries must be paid from the clubs account which is currently frozen.

then again, why the hell has it not been completed and ratified already!? its about 2 weeks since we thought this whole shitstorm was over… and now they’ve entered into a public bickering campaign pouring piss & vinegar over each other which is the last we needed between two egotistical maniacs.

just glad i discovered riding bikes on a saturday avo was infinitely better than watching these pricks every week…

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

The state of the club is just embarrassing now. Over 25 years I’ve been a season ticket holder and I can bare to watch them anymore. It’s like watching your dog drown.

We’re back in court 8th May and we’re no nearer to it being sorted. The end is nigh.

wors

I’ve been to a few games this season, its a sad state of affairs all round. I’ve heard a few stories from some of the coaching staff that even basics like first aid kits etc haven’t been re stocked because of un paid bills. Its a mess from the ground up. Bolton aren’t the only ones in this situation though…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bolton Wanderers’ is closed to new replies.