Home Forums Chat Forum Blackpool Pleasure Beach speedy pass?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Blackpool Pleasure Beach speedy pass?
  • wooobob

Is it worth the extra £25/head? Planning on going on Good Friday. Haunted by a trip to Legoland Windsor a few years ago, but also reluctant to just shell out willy nilly!

fossy

Thats a heck of a premium.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

binners

Blackpool pleasure beach on a bank holiday?

I’d guess that if there was ever a day to pay a premium, that’d be it

savoyad

Honestly, totally worth it.  It feels dirty, but it makes for a totally different experience. You’ll spend more time on rides and stopping for a rest/coffee  doesn’t take time away from your day any more.
    It does take some thought/effort to use effectively though (including sometimes physically queuing for one ride while you virtually queue for another)

Stevet1

Get there early and get to the big rides first. You’ll still have to queue but it will be 1/10th the time. Take a waterproof for Valhalla unless it’s a very warm day.

submarined
    Free Member

Saw title, thought to myself ‘Blackpool pleasure beach; hard pass’.

Stevet1

Call in at Lily’s fish and chips before heading home

https://lilysblackpool.com/

lord_summerisle
    Free Member

on the crowd predictor, the park should only be at 60% capacity.
    https://queue-times.com/parks/273/calendar

Personally, I wouldn’t bother at that level.  BPB doesn’t get the massive queues that Alton does. But then I’m a season pass holder, so I go that often that there isn’t the pressure for me to get on everything.

If you plan your rides you should be able to get on everything and not need to spend extra on speedy pass.

Park hours on Good Friday at 10 – 6.  Doors might open upto 15 mins ahead of that time. but rides are on staggered opening times.

First thing is to head to Nickolodean Streak as that will be one of the first roller coasters open.  It only runs 1 train, so can end up with a long queue for much of the day. Plus it shuts at 4 along with the rest of Nickolodeon land.
    Next see if Avalanche is open (usually opens around 10:30-11)  Icon and Big One tend to both open at 11, Look out when the Big One is testing – if it’s on 2 trains then it will chew through it’s queue.  If it’s just on one, then it’ll take a bit longer.   as a rough idea: one 1 train, if the queue is at the station door – that’s about 15 mins. down the external ramp, that’s about 1/2 hr

Icon tends to always run 2 trains. One train is the “Enso” train where the last carriage has 2 spinning seats, rather than 4 fixed seats.  As Enso is an upcharge, and you want to ride in the back row in the normal seats, you might wait a bit longer as you can only ride every other train.   If you fancy doing Enso: the i recommend only riding it Solo, and sitting in the left hand seat (closest to the air gates)  as this will give you the best spin.  When you ride 2 up on Enso, it’ll only sway a little side to side.  But a single person gets a good spin.   After the initial morning rush, Icon never really gets more than a 10/15min queue all day (queue is nearly to the bottom of the steps)  if the queue is back to the Entrance Gate, then thats about 30mins.

Top tip for Grand National – sit in either the middle row of each carriage, or at the very front for a less bruising ride.  Back row for the full beating :)

lord_summerisle
    Free Member

Additional – on the app you can buy speedy passes for a ride.  So if Big One or Icon has a massive queue, then you could pay for a one off Speedy pass for that ride.

Best place to eat lunch is Loki’s over near Valhalla (get in before the lunch rush) with the rotisserie chicken.

Valhalla – there is no “maybe” about how wet this ride is. you will get soaked so either be prepared with a change of clothes or get a poncho.  This ride will tend to open after mid day and has always been temperamental.

martinhutch

STW has a proper expert in ANY subject. Love it.

wooobob

Yes, thanks all, particularly @lord_summerisle for the detail!

RustyNissanPrairie

Long story. But I’m going to bore you regardless.

Me and MrsRNP and two friends went to Alton towers on a Sun vouchers day. Walking to the entrance – lots of glum looking people coming the other way.

Turns out massive power cut with no idea when repairing it. We went in anyway as we’d driven a few hours to be there. Nothing working in the entire park.

Casually wandered over to Nemesis with nobody else around. Having a nosey at it when the power came back on!

Had 9 goes on it back to back with the whole train to ourselves!!! You had to get off and run back round to get back on the same empty train – the attendants wouldn’t let you stay on. Front row, back row, front row, front row etc etc!

Ran to Air as it’s close to Nemesis and did that a few times with no queue, Rita once then Smiler with very little queue. The park started filling up a bit but we’d done everything numerous time by then.

I will never return to Alton Towers unless Jim Fixes It or I win the lottery and rent the place for the day.

binners

Just go on a Monday morning when the kids aren’t off school. We did that for a mates birthday and had multiple goes on all the good stuff all day. I think I went on Nemesis 6 times

Doesn’t work at Blackpool Pleasure beach though as whenever you go there, at least half the population of Glasgow seems to be there

funkmasterp

Me, Mrs F and a few friends once stayed on the rapids for ages at Alton Towers. Off peak, glorious day and they just let us keep going around and getting soaked! Went on Oblivion four times with no queue too. It was ace.

I now have kids and it is terrible. Last time we went we had to queue for two hours to get on the Go Jetters ride. It broke as soon as we got on. It then took more than two hours to leave the car park as Mrs F insisted on staying until closing time 🤬

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.