• This topic has 105 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Bikes you wish brands would make
  • funkmasterp

Bored and idly thinking about what bikes I’d like to see from some of the brands I like. So here goes:

The full Stooge – I know it goes against the ethos of the brand but I’d love to see a full sus Stooge bike just to see how it would look.

Full Sherpa – Stanton have full sus versions of their other models so I’d love to see them do it with the Sherpa. Nice short travel bike with proper sorted trail bike geometry where the front wheel is in the same postcode as the frame. Would suit my local riding to a tee.

Anybody else have anything?

honourablegeorge

25th anniversary Cotic Soul in 931 stainless steel with 29er wheels.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Full Sherpa – Stanton have full sus versions of their other models so I’d love to see them do it with the Sherpa. Nice short travel bike with proper sorted trail bike geometry where the front wheel is in the same postcode as the frame. Would suit my local riding to a tee

Sounds like a Swarf Contour, although I see the short travel version is no more :o(

dogbone

Updated Yeti 5 & 575. No infinity linkage balls.

mrmoofo

An On-One Inbred made from scaffold tube …

Ah, good point

ElShalimo

Raleigh Grifter 29er, 3sp

It’ll be great

shredder
    Free Member

Cotic Soul 27.5 again please.

ayjaydoubleyou

An orange five, but carbon fibre.

They are the ideal design for carbon. Big one piece raised chainstay swing arm without narrow tubes, limited big bearings (and therefore few difficult and heavy mounting for them)

Doesn’t have to be orange, just anyone making a direct driven single pivot from CF.

Lightweight, low maintainence all mountain/endurolite bike.

Bonus if carbon means an in triangle water bottle.

funkmasterp

Raleigh Grifter 29er, 3sp

That would be ace, although I’d want the option for more gears or SS

Imagine what that would cost from Orange! You’d be able to buy a large swathe of Halifax for less.

scotroutes

A modern Yeti ARC-X, with clearance for big tyres

ac282

29er RC300 with modern xc geometry.

dc1988

I would have thought an Orange equivalent would be quite simple to make in carbon as there aren’t many funny lines or angles to make carbon layup too difficult. I like the idea, take my money

bearGrease

Can you get carbon fibre filing cabinets?

argee

honourablegeorge
    25th anniversary Cotic Soul in 931 stainless steel with 29er wheels.

You’ll have a few years to wait, didn’t the soul come out in the noughties, plus wasn’t 931 a passing fad within the MTB hardtail community?

andrewh
    Free Member

29″ Cotic Soda.
    Like the original, but for big wheels. None of this LLS malarkey, just an updated Soda.
    Got a Salsa El Mariachi titanium which I guess is about as close as I can get.

honourablegeorge

@argee 2003 was the original Soul, so almost 20. Cotic made a 931 Solaris prototype in 2018.

endomick
    Free Member

A modern geometry Pace rc300 square tubing and anodised would be awesome also a Zaskar LE true to its roots, but LLS also anodised and a carbon Nukeproof that’s got a noteworthy weight saving over the alloy version like other brands seem to manage (Transition for example).

colournoise

Any UK brand.

An updated ‘UK’ version of the GT Distortion from a few years back. 120mm rear, 150+ front end. 27.5+ (or 29er if you must). LLS.

Basically, I want something that’s effectively a FlareMAX rear end mated to a RocketMAX front end, with weight and toughness somewhere between the two – kind of a Jeht but not really.

I have no idea whether it would be a good bike, but the idea just really appeals to me.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

I wish Transition would make some more Spurs Then maybe I could get one this side of Christmas.

reeksy

I’d like Specialized to make a bike out of bamboo. Just because.

nickc

Like the original, but for big wheels. None of this LLS malarkey, just an updated Soda.

“original geo” 29er’s were/are shockingly, comically bad, I’d rather stick needles in my eyes. Plus the orignal Soda was too noodley

weeksy

I think it was actually built by Specialized, the new Status 140/160. HArd to find, even harder to Demo… but yeah, one of those.

kayak23

I wish Cotic would make a frikkin fatbike already.

Cash waiting.

tomhoward

original geo” 29er’s were/are shockingly, comically bad, I’d rather stick needles in my eyes.

As someone who has experienced both, there is lots more fun to be had with an eye you have no control over (due to the anaesthetic) than a slow handling, yet somehow still twitchy & nervous, 29er.

I wish the Millyard DH bike was available to people without the surname ‘Millyard’.

BadlyWiredDog

A 2020s Ragley Ti please. I don’t really care about the details, but something that stands out in the same way as the original.

andyg1966

Another 29+ bike in the mould of the later Trek Staches. Maybe 140mm travel. I love mine and can find nothing to better it in the current market place. Mine has done 6 seasons of hard use while still in good order it is looking tired and I’d like another 🙂

greeny30
    Free Member

Mod geo GT LTS ball burnished finish, like the second version with the adjustable trunnion mount, from what I remember the suspension was really good, put a red lyrik upfront and superdeluxe with red coil spring, it would be a stunner.
    A remake of the kona/Turner burner that Tomi Misser rode, I’d love to see modern lookalikes of classic head turners.

misteralz
    Free Member

A 27.5(+?) Zaskar. Ball burnished and anodised, obviously.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Loved my 2005 Turner 6 Pack. Can I keep the bushing pivots, coil shock, kinematics and bombproof nature but in a bolt through axle, tapered head tube, dropper compatible, longer, slacker bigger wheeled version please?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On-One to make an aluminium (and reasonably priced) version of the Dave/Moto Loco.

lawman91

I’d like all brands do away with pressfit BB’s. If you want a wide BB shell, just use T47.

Aside from that a gravel bike from Transition would be nice to go with the Spur, although is Santa Cruz could make the new Blur TR in less awful colours, that would be nice!

Always had a soft spot for the Rocky Mountain ETSX back in the day too. A modern-day 29er version of that in carbon would be very nice! I miss the days when Rocky did great paint jobs too, so many of their colour schemes just look plain off to me.

kelvin

I’ll also echo the 29+ thing… it never got big enough for people on a budget to risk getting one as their main bike. Which is a shame… it had a lot to offer. The Treks were a great ride.

desperatebicycle

A modern-day 29er version of that in carbon would be very nice! I miss the days when Rocky did great paint jobs too, so many of their colour schemes just look plain off to me.

Never owned a better climbing bike than my ETS-X – trouble was that BB height, meant it was grim at other stuff. Definitely agree about the paint jobs. They don’t seem to know what to do with paint on carbon.

My Yeti Big Top is a fantastic frame, but the 70deg head angle… modern geometry version would be marvellous.

Also – 2022 Transition Vanquish please!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

29″ Cotic Soda.
    Like the original, but for big wheels. None of this LLS malarkey, just an updated Soda

You know there was a SodaMax? Basically a Ti Solaris.

In a similar vein – a Ti Soul MkV please….

Olly
    Free Member

I cant fathom why there isnt more of a market for bikes with a focus more on longevity and stiffness
    specifically, stop putting poxy little bearings in the pivots.

i appreciate the bike will weigh a tiny bit more, but if i dont have to change the bearings annually, its worth it.

zerocool

Someone to make the Iron Horse Sunday with modern geo and suspension (like that chap that cut and shut one recently, but factory). Keep the kinematics the same as the original because they rode awesome, but add modern angles and looked sweet.

Also Alan Millyard to make me one of his bikes (complete with his front and rear suspension & internal drive train) but with a single crown fork and 150ish travel.

And bring back 1.5 head tubes please with no more press for BBs, just good old threaded ones.

And as said above, big arse pivot bearings whenever possible. (Didn’t oboe of the older SC Bullits use threaded an external Bottom bracket for it’s pivot bolt?).

mccraque

I wish Sonder would make the Transmitter in reef blue carbon, in 29 with a 120mm fork. Surely that’s one hardtail to rule ’em all?

Cotic SodaMax. I regret not buying one of the last batch because I couldn’t work out if I was medium or large…dithered too long and the opportunity was lost.

Liteville H3 – in 29. Hopefully the new one due out next month will address that.

nickc

Always had a soft spot for the Rocky Mountain ETSX

A mate went through about 4 upper and lower link on his at least.

zerocool

@Lawman91 – didn’t Transition release their interpretation of a Cyclocross bike a few years ago (think it was called the Rapture)? Aren’t they basically the same kind of bike but rebranded as ‘Gravel’ to appeal to a wider market? (Sorry for being cynical about bike industry marketing)

Edit – released in 2015 so not really a few years ago.

mashr

weeksy

I think it was actually built by Specialized, the new Status 140/160. HArd to find, even harder to Demo… but yeah, one of those.

If you mullet your old G-160 you end with something pretty close to a Status 160

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Bikes you wish brands would make’ is closed to new replies.