Home Forums Chat Forum Bike thieves cannock

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Bike thieves cannock
  • tuboflard

Time to start a “bike for Cubed” thread?

Could be… where abouts are you @Cubed? Happy to post but easier to collect.

Cubed
    Free Member

Thanks all really appreciate this. Quite down in the dumps today- guess that’s normal. Also feel like bit of a turnip— never normally leave my bike out of sight — frazzled after a rubbish week and hey presto.

Think I’ll give winter a miss this year (just as well I hadn’t put my winter lights on yet!)and save some cash for spring. Boring turbo sessions here I come! Uggghhhhhhh.

Ironically I have a 2013 cube 29er with some borked forks – that’s why I upgraded to the canyon. Seeing as it’s my anniversary next week and I fancy living better not spend any more on bikes.

Anyway 2 names mentioned in posts elsewhere- passed to police before I name and shame. Contemplating reward- not sure how effective that will be.

Setup alerts all over the place uk and abroad so it’s just a matter of time before it resurfaces or is abandoned.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Even with the idiotic camera angle, they’re still pretty good shots. Any other cameras around the place (don’t know Cannock too well), outside cafe, near toilets etc which might have a better angle?

Hope you get it back and the scum gets what he deserves (and not just a “you’re a very naughty boy” telling off from the rozzers).

Paul-B

Another reason why I do my best to avoid the place. Why is bike theft so prevalent at Cannock?

It’s because it’s in very close proximity to 2 towns which, as with any town have their rough areas but in this instance it’s very easy to access the trail center from them. It’s also so busy it seems pretty easy to make off with an unlocked bike and disappear quickly without a shred of a clue whose done it. Think of a Welsh trail center that’s in the middle of nowhere in comparison where you’d need to be a bit more organised with a vehicle etc. Don’t need that in Cannock. A couple minutes down the road (actually a quick DH down the Heritage trail) from Birches Valley and you’re in Rugeley.

I’ll admit I’ve done exactly the same fairly regularly and strolled in the shop to buy a flapjack or have a browse and left my bike unlocked. Hopefully the CCTV footage will lead to it’s recovery.

Cubed
    Free Member

This is difficult for me – it’s hard for me to even type this.Excuse the vagueness – its deliberate. My son has cerebral palsy – the circumstances around this are difficult beyond measure. Unless you’ve been there you have no idea.As a result my wife and I don’t get a lot of time. The 5-6 hrs I get at Cannock lets me get through the week. The last few years have been hell. I was just beginning to feel like my old self and having the bike nicked is just the icing on the cake. Getting back on the turbo is not the same as being able to ride forest trails with focus and concentration it needs.

granny_ring

OP, sorry to hear about everything.
    Do you need any parts to get the old Cube up and running so you can get ‘out’ on the bike?

Cubed
    Free Member

Rockshox reba sl poploc 100mm 29er forks equivalent. Will have a chat with local bike shop. Thank you for the offer.

weeksy

I’ll throw in a tenner for forks

oldnick

I’ve got some Reba RL 100mm solo air forks, came on a Felt I bought secondhand, been in the shed for a couple of years. Tapered steerer a fraction over 6″/150mm.
    Yours if you want them.
    I’m in Notts, can post or meet halfway?

duckman

Oldnick, tell me how much to post if needed and I will cover it.

oldnick

🙂

granny_ring

OP, if the lbs say the forks can be saved with a servive and you need some money to get that done post up on here and along with weeksy I can put in a tenner.

jamj1974

Anything still needed – please PM me and I will see what I have in spares or chip in a little cash.

trumpton
    Free Member

Get your old cube up and running.

mattbee

Cubed. PM’d you about a ‘spare’ Scandal sitting in my shed.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Why is bike theft so prevalent at Cannock?

Llandegla is just as bad and the middle of nowhere. Everytime I’ve been someone has done a drive by or walked off with a high end full sus or three

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Bike thieves cannock’ is closed to new replies.