Home Forums Bike Forum Bike Shield – on a roll ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike Shield – on a roll ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

I normally buy a full or half pack every so often to cover the bike once a year or so. I’ve found it’s the easiest to put on, really flexible and lasts for ages. Loads better than anything else I’ve tried.

Does anyone know where you can buy exactly the same stuff (I suspect 3M make it anyway) but on a roll. I don’t need that much but I need a couple of wide pieces and I’d be left with loads of pre cut bits I don’t need if I buy yet another full pack (and I’ve already got plenty of them) !

generallevi
    Free Member

Not sure where to get a roll of it but my friend owns the best frame wrapping company in existence.
    http://www.invisiframe.co.uk

He previously used the 3M tape to use on high end sports cars and now has transferred these skills into wrapping frames, forks and cranks. The finish is tailored to each individual frame and after 1 year of use my frame looks like it did when it came out the box.

Hope this helps a little,

Lee.

excitable1
    Free Member

HahHa. Completely agree, the Invisiframe is the best stuff on the market and the bike has a full Invisiframe kit on it !

…but there’s a couple of areas where it needs a few extra patches i.e. under the top tube when I’m bike hiking and for when it’s on the car rack.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Generallevi

would be nicer if his product was a little thicker.

slimsi
    Free Member

Just had my frame invisiframe’d and its superb don’t think it would need to be any thicker as it appears very resistant to scuffs so far…

excitable1
    Free Member

Foxxbear… Any thinker and it wouldnt wrap as well to the frame shape and would get water and muck behind it and then peel off…. like most of the other crappy bike protection films out there (Fox being the worst) with the exception of Invisiframe and Bike Shield.

Bikeshield on a roll please… it must be out there somewhere !

fozzybear
    Free Member

I use JRA Copter take.
    That stuff is thicker than a McD milkshake.

I’ve installed Invisitape and my GF has invisitape it’s ok but IMO could be thicker.

My JRA tape hasn’t peeled off or lifted, i did use a hair-drier to heat it.

perthmtb
    Free Member

I’ve covered my last three bikes in bikeshield, and have had nothing but good experiences with the stuff. But… its expensive as I need two packs per bike, and I also end up with joins on long tubes.

So this time I bought a large roll of film from the local autoparts store that’s for covering the cowlings/headlights/tanks of motorbikes. So far seems equal to bikeshield in most ways, at a fraction the price, but I haven’t given it a long term test yet.

generallevi
    Free Member

@fozzybear

Lee at Invisi has specifically chosen the current thickness of his 3M to meet 3 things. Be of a strong enough adhesive to stay on the frame and not allow mud/water ingress. Be not too thick so that if the owner or future owner would like to remove it that it will come off without peeling away the paint and finally being of a reasonable weight as it tends to be applied to mid-high end mountain and road bikes.

In regards to its strength. My brother had the mother of all stacks this year on his Orange Alpine and took a rock to the top tube. At first glance it looked like he may have wrote off the invisi protecting that area and maybe even gone through to his paint. However, after a wash and a bit of muc off bike polish it was exactly as it was before the accident. He was made up!

My own personal experience is completing the Trans Provence with the invisi protecting my bike a treat when many others finished looking twice their age. I have also just got back from a week of DH Shuttling in Malaga and once again it took the hits, especially around the underside of the chainstays.

For £53 for the full kit you can’t go wrong.

All the best,
    Lee.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Lee,
    tell him to answer my contact form :).
    hehe

generallevi
    Free Member

@fozzybear.

I will text him now squire…… 😉

I know he is pinned at the moment so may be fitting kits…..

All the best,
    Lee.

slimsi
    Free Member

Just to add that the service I got on my Lapierre was superb and had the forks and shock done as well…the shock was a custom cut which he did for free! Cant say fairer than that….plus he chucked in the crank pieces as well and some spare bits!

You cannot even see it on my matt finish Zesty 914 2013 – everyone who see’s the sticker on it cannot believe how well its done!

nealy
    Free Member
    mechanised

The invisiframe site is down at the moment?

I was going to have a look as just about to redo my carbon commie, didn’t quite cover everything last time so after painting wanted a full wrap!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike Shield – on a roll ?’ is closed to new replies.