Home Forums Bike Forum Bib Tights for the Longer Legged Gent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bib Tights for the Longer Legged Gent
  • wombat

I have a 34 1/2″ inside leg and am after some bib tights which will actually reach my ankles.

Online size guides appear to either not have a leg length shown or to require me to get an XXXL for the length but as I’m a 33″ waist I suspect they’ll be a bit baggy around the middle.

So, can anyone recommend a manufacturer who does bib tights for the long of leg but not particularly wide of middle?

sandwicheater

I’m the same proportions. Watching with interest.

A few crashes last year have my DHBs mostly held together by some very poor repair jobs.

Currently have an old set of DHBs & a relatively new set of Morvelos.

DHBs fit very well, Morvelos a tad tights over calfs/thinghs but fine length wise.

Not sure what sizes, sorry. Currently decorating and all behind a wall of furniture.

I’ll dig them out and have a look later.

Fat-boy-fat

I think you’re stuck to be honest. I am larger round the belly than you but similar inside leg and use Lusso max repel tight in XXL to get the right length (some are actually a bit too long) but that would be baggy for you. You could try a smaller size and see.

I’ve avoided using bib shorts for many years due to the cycling industry really not catering for tall folks. Gawd knows where Ben Cathro gets his kecks from.

biglee1

I got some normal shorts and use polaris leg warmers for a warm lower legs. I’ve a 38″inside leg, no that’s not a mistype 😂

richardkennerley

I’m a 30L in trousers. According to size charts for bibs i’d be XL for the leg length and end up with a ridiculous waist.

I’ve just bought M clubman Roubaix tights from planet X, they’re Bob on.

mrb123
    Free Member

I’m 32 inch waist, 35 leg.

Castelli Sorpasso in large fit fine.

Sportful in large also fine for length (I have some R&D ones and Grupetto ones).

linusr

I have similar length legs. 34 inch and take a medium or large in Santini bib tights. Usually plain black from Prendas but they don’t have much at the moment.

Shred
    Free Member

Same situation here, I gave up on bib tights and got some winter bib shorts (sportful I think), and use castelli leg warmers, with gore windproof leg warmers over those when it starts getting cold.

I don’t like cold legs, and get cramp when my calves and feet get cold, but this combo works for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bib Tights for the Longer Legged Gent’ is closed to new replies.