Home Forums Bike Forum BfeMax Diet

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jfab.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BfeMax Diet
  • mrmrhill
    Free Member

I’ve made my BfeMax silly heavy using random components (15kg) so putting it on a diet. I’m pondering swapping my RockShox 120 for Reba 120. Is this a daft downgrade? I’ve already swapped my halo vortex & cross king 2.6 for hunt trail wide v2 with ground controls so a fair saving there. Should have bought a Solaris really for my style of riding. Thanks in advance

tomhoward

How much budget do you have for this diet? Enough to sell the bfe frame and buy a Solaris?

coconut
    Free Member

Yes (daft), I would go for a Revelation/Pike, the weight saving between that an a Reba will be marginal (size for size), around 200 to 300gms overall. The Rev/Pike will be a much nicer overall fork. Looking to trim weight then look at swapping the tyres, wheels, rear cassette or smaller dropper post over choosing the Reba.

mrmrhill
    Free Member

I feel there’s a more bang for buck weight savings before frame, plus waiting to see what the new Solaris reviews are as I don’t think there’ll be many frames lighter the difference between current SolarisMax and BfeMax is about 160g

jfab

My (small frame admittedly) BFeMAX was 12.8kg plus pedals, nothing overly expensive or bought specifically for weight-loss but the main spec is below. I still had 2.4″ tyres, a dropper and 4-pot brakes on it, with a pretty budget groupset:

Hunt XC Race wheelset with 2.4″ Bontrager XR4’s (these combined were the biggest difference)

Answer ProTaper Carbon Handlebars (were cheap on Chainreaction, 740mm)

Fox 34 Performance Elite at 140mm (I think these are pretty light even compared to the Rockshox more XC forks)

Sram NX 11-speed with a Hope BB

Sram Guide RE brakes (4-pot E-bike brakes!)

Oneup V2 Dropper & Burgtec Cloud saddle (metal rails)

None of it was bought specifically to be light except the wheels, everything I just picked up in sales with half an eye on weight if there was a straight choice between two parts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.