Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best Way to Dry a Tent?
  • d45yth
    Free Member

Hi,
    I decided to get away from it all last night and ventured out with my tent. It turned into a bit of a wild night and one I’ll remember for a bit!
    Anyway, anyone have any tips for drying the tent? Things look to be fairing up here so might be able to get it on the washing line.
    Anybody wanting to see where I ended up can read about it here. Scroll down to the bottom. 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

Pitch it without the inner, hang the inner groundsheet out.

carlos
    Free Member

Lol, mad idea. Couldn’t you have just left it up where you pitched. Saves all the faff

d45yth
    Free Member

Cheers, It’s the first time I’ve used it and don’t want it going mouldy!

r3guy
    Free Member

put mine in the cupboard where my boiler is, dries in no time

robsoctane
    Free Member

on the line or radiator. Line is best if weather is right.

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Be careful of draping it over radiators, to much heat could affect some water repellant agents.

I always tended to pitch in up in the kitchen and leave it overnight to dry … assuming its a self supporting design? Just warm the wife first … nothing like the sound of an unsuspecting SO clattering into a pitched tent at 3am in the morning.

Packing, leave it loose (i.e. don’t stuff it back in the bag. Some camping stores have loose sacks for sleeping bags (basically heavy net sacks) which are ideal. Then somewhere warm and dry.

d45yth
    Free Member

Job done, managed to separate it and get both bits on the line…It packs up with the inner and fly fixed together for quicker pitching.
    mightymarmite – I tried to pitch it in the house when I first got it…It only has one pole though, so kept toppling over. I suppose I could tie weights to some of the guy lines in future. Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best Way to Dry a Tent?’ is closed to new replies.