Home Forums Chat Forum Best Double Camping Mattress

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best Double Camping Mattress
  • mechanicaldope

As above really. Under £100 I suppose but flexible on that. Was thinking self inflating but now I look into it air mattresses maybe more comfortable? Car camping so size and weight are irrelevant really.

Honestly, I appear to be unable to buy anything on my own these days. Got a safari grill from the best cooker for family of 4 thread and a tent on recommendation from my ‘what tent’ one. If the Internet vanishes one day I really will be in trouble… I guess I just hate the thought of buying something shit.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The best double camping mattress is definitely two single mattresses. Unless both of you are the same weight and don’t move in your sleep.

cheers_drive

2x Vango 10cm XL mats

wolly
    Free Member

Alpkit double dozer

colp

I like the Intex ones with the built in electric pump.
    Costco usually have them

matt_outandabout

2x Vango 10cm XL mats

I picked up a Vango double 7cm mat this winter for £20. Great comfort and warmth – and has a fold line in the middle so can be a mega single.

km79
    Free Member

Car camping so size and weight are irrelevant really.

Just take your bed from home then.

muttley109
    Free Member

http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/sleeping-bags/529-comfort-10-double.html

Ive had loads of different types of self Inflating mats and for car camping this is easily the best I’ve had. It’s absolutely massive though and takes up a big chunk of boot space. But it is warm, comfortable and means the other half now comes camping.

scotroutes

We’ve been using a HiGear cheap inflatable mattress for 6 years or so with no issues. There’s lots of chatter about how cold they are but Spring/Autumn in Scotland have been comfortable.

redstripe
    Free Member

I use a memory foam filled futon mattress bought off ebay for £60, really comfy, about 12cm thick, cotton cover. It does roll up but might still be a bit bulky for taking in average car, okay for van.

Those Quecha inflatable ones Decathlon have aren’t bad too, I’ve used them, and pretty cheap. Might need 2 XL singles though as can’t remember seeing a double.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

We’ve faffed about with various brands and styles but have always struggled with one large chamber

We now have this one Coleman Comfort Double

The ability to tweak the air pressures separately is great – and if the other person moves you don’t get bounced all over the place. Works for us up to the usual camping type sleep.. (Does ANYONE truly get a good nights sleep when camping?)

TM

leffeboy

The best double camping mattress is definitely two single mattresses.

although twiglets post above looks good. We gave up on those huge inflatable things as they were too soft to be comfortable. Loving the thermarest neoair things but they won’t hit your price range. Have been through a lot of different types on buy cheap buy twice (or more)

cashback

i have had a couple of coleman doubles as well and they are very good, but they seem suspectable to picking up random punctures which are impossible to find and fix. I was looking the other day and i see Colemon now do a more durable and expensive version as well

trailwagger
    Free Member

The best is definitely this – Exped Mega mat Duo

http://www.trekitt.co.uk/33202/products/exped-megamat-10-duo.aspx

They are pricey, but they are the best. Many people say it is more comfotable than their bed at home!

You cannot put a price on a comfortable sleep when camping imo. Its the one area not to scrimp on.

ransos
    Free Member

We use two single SIMs with a double sleeping bag. More flexible, just as comfortable, and easier to pack.

cashback

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best Double Camping Mattress’ is closed to new replies.