Home Forums Chat Forum Best bang for buck car audio upgrades

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best bang for buck car audio upgrades
  • bitasuite
    Free Member

I’ve bought a new Pioneer head unit for my car and I’m now looking to upgrade the speakers. Current plan is to get some Pioneer component speakers for around £70 to fit the front doors and replace the dash tweeters. These will run fine off the head unit, but would I be wise to buy an amp to make the most of them? I don’t want to throw too much money at them so was wondering the best upgrades to get on a budget. A cheap sub? New rear speakers? Amp? I’d only be looking to spend around another £50 max.

Thanks

stumpy01

Assuming you’ve bought a half decent head unit, I wouldn’t bother getting an amp to drive the speakers. Just get some decent speakers; they’ll more than likely be a big improvement over the standard ones.

If you want MOAR BASS, then an active sub would be an option; just depends if you don’t mind losing some boot space….you can get under-seat ones but I have never owned a car that had enough room under the seat to fit one.

somafunk

Spend £30 on some sound deadening (silent coat) and cover the inside door panels when you remove the door card to fit speakers, will make far more difference than an amp.

somouk
    Free Member

I would spend the money on sound proofing the doors and trying to seal them up as well as possible so you can turn the bass up on the front speakers a bit.

That’s all I did in my BMW which was the last car I changed the speakers in. New front components and some sound deadening and the difference was quite substantial.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I’ve got some dynamat for the doors so that should help. I’ve been looking at underseat active subs but I think they’re a bit out of my price range at the moment.

These are the speakers I’m tempted by: linky

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Speak to the guys at Skipton Car Audio (now based in Sowerby Bridge – confusing!). They’re dead good – I fitted one of their speaker upgrade kits in my van – tweeters, door speakers, enough silent coat to do the doors and all with plug and play looms for your car/stereo.

Just ask them what they can do. Good value too..

somafunk

skipton car audio are very good, they made a loom and supplied all the fitting kit for my vw caddy which made fitting the two focal door speakers and dash tweeters a doddle.

andy8442
    Free Member

+1 Skipton Car Audio.

TheFlyingOx

I’ve always had excellent results with a combination of Vibe and Fli (which are Vibe’s “budget” range, AFAIK) for speakers, subs and amps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Du grand voyou à la plus grosse mauviette
    La main sur le volant avec la moquette
    Pare-soleil Pioneer sur le pare-brise arrière
    Dédé et Valérie écrit en gros: sur mon père!

8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best bang for buck car audio upgrades’ is closed to new replies.