Home Forums Chat Forum Behold, the glory of my pork pie

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Behold, the glory of my pork pie
    jonnyboi

To be fair my crimping is shocking. But it’s going to taste awesome. Just waiting for it to cool before I add jellied stock.
    IMG_7900

Andy

That is fabulous. Crimping is not over worked so good.  A good pork pie is a thing of marvel. Pics of it out of the tray?

jonnyboi

Just need it to cool first, might get a wee egg wash on the side and a blast.

dyna-ti

If you poke some holes in it, then pour in some gelatin, when it all cools and the gelatin sets, it makes it easier to cut into slices that wont fall apart.

longdog
    Free Member

It’s a beast 😍

Need some photos of the great cutting to admire it properly.

MSP

Looks too big to me (unless there is some father Ted perspective thing going on with the picture). I prefer something more snacked size to improve the pastry to meat ratio.

MoreCashThanDash

Looks very impressive – agree we need some post cut pics.

Two guys have just opened Posh Pigs deli in Ilkeston – chatting in there yesterday, their crimping machine hasn’t arrived so he had 80 pork pies to make by hand ready for Christmas Eve.

Their festive sausage roll was the most amazing £2 I’ve spent this Christmas

llama

Nice

Let’s see it out the tin

boblo
    Free Member

Now that looks fantastic!

jonnyboi

IMG_7902

jonnyboi

IMG_7906

big_scot_nanny

Phwoar!

jonnyboi

To be fair, it’s massive!

it tastes amazing, heavy on the thyme, and you can taste the seasoning, and the stock has set perfectly!

happy Christmas to me!

fazzini

@jonnyboi do you take orders and can you deliver by tomorrow???
    Holy smokes that’s a good looking pie 😁

t3ap0t
    Free Member

*Doffs cap*

kormoran
    Free Member

Looks awesome, king of pies!

What about one with an egg in it?, although I think technically that’s called a Gala pie.

You simply cannot beat a good pie

rickmeister

IMG_20231216_212810

jonnyboi

@Kormoran. Did a gala pie a couple of years ago. The trick is to slice the end off each egg to give an endless yolk 

ton

that just looks fantastic. well done young man, and enjoy.

willard

Nice, no, FANTASTISK pork pie there @jonnyboi! I can see binners having a ‘moment’ after seeing those pictures.

kormoran
    Free Member

Endless yoke, like it!

rOcKeTdOg

Oh I say, that looks marvellous. What a great effort. You can be proud of that!

This must be added as favourite to the look what I made for Christmas thread

Drac

That looks pretty epic. 

Enjoy!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Good God! That looks delicious!  I think even Paul Hollywood would be impressed. 

Holly Wood handshake gif called for. …. only I have no idea how to in this website. 

longdog
    Free Member

Damn that cut picture makes me drool. I just said to my wife we should have asked her mam to bring me some pies up from Lincolnshire, but it’s a bit late now as they’re past Dundee 🙄😭

FB-ATB

On nom nom.

my crimping is shocking

nah, tis Artisanal!

Kramer
    Free Member

That looks really good. If I were going to give any constructive feedback at all, I’d suggest the pastry may be a little thick in the bottom corners?

It’s one of the few savoury pastry things I’ve never made myself though.

Kramer
    Free Member

PS IMO a gala pie just ruins a decent pork pie, and this is the hill that I will die on.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Impressive, got me thinking about my 4-pack of mini pork pies in the fridge!

stwhannah

That pie pic is surely worthy of the ‘open’ category in the photo comp. Also, how secure is your house? 

llama

Seriously good!

kelvin

🤤

lairdburkart
    Free Member

That looks pretty darn good. And a whopper too. I just hope you did pickled onions to go with. 

binners

That looks absolutely awesome!

I’ve got serious pie envy

leffeboy

That is the king of pies, ever.  This is why we come here

gallowayboy

Vegetarian here but that looks fabulous!

PJay
    Free Member

Vegan here, but it certainly looks a stormer.

The government is currently consulting on Unesco Cultural Status by the way – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67803871

jonnyboi

I’ve also made a nut roast for my veggie visitors, it’s actually seriously good to eat, but not that photogenic 

WildHunter2009

Is there a recipe you can share? love a good pork pie but never tried myself and now I’m hungry!

DickBarton

@PJay that isn’t any use…that is covering entertainment stuff whereas that pie is very clearly a way, nay – meaning – of life…it is more than cultural!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.