Home Forums Chat Forum BBC4 Tonight, 22:10pm Blazing saddles

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • BBC4 Tonight, 22:10pm Blazing saddles
  • dyna-ti

At last a decent movie on the beeb.

I wonder how long before it becomes culturally inappropriate :?

dyna-ti

Waves magic wand …… REVEAL

northernmatt

The sheriff’s a ni……….

I wonder how the meeting would go if Mel Brooks pitched that movie to a Hollywood studio today.

13thfloormonk

Awesome, will be ready to sack off work and give in to cravings for a large whisky at around about… 22:09 😎

Rich_s

screw

ernie
    Free Member

Just flipping brilliant 👏
    I can’t stay up on a school night, but bbc created iplayer for precisely these scenarios

slowoldman

“Simple folk. You know… Morons”.

Drac

I wonder how long before it becomes culturally inappropriate

I think you’ve missed the biggest joke of the film.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I love that film apart from the end but

I think you’ve missed the biggest joke of the film.

It was brilliant in 1974 but today I don’t think that joke would be handled in the same way.  Won’t stop 52 year old me enjoying watching it again though

wordnumb
    Free Member

Films I’d like to see: Cowboys & Aliens remade as Blazing Saddles vs Spaceballs.

pondo

This makes me very happy. Seen it a million times – tonight will be a million and one.

anagallis_arvensis

Blazing Saddles is probably my all time fav comedy.

dannyh
    Free Member

Presumably the Beeb will bleep out the n-word….? To choruses of wails from the anti-woke tits….

ernielynch

There is no n-word.

He says “the sheriff is near”

zippykona

The sheriff’s a coming nearer.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’d like to present you this laurel, and hardy handshake

ernielynch

Actually the film is full of racist stereotyping, blacks, Chinese, native American.

Mel Brooks is one of my greatest all-time comedians. Love his piss-take of Nazis most of all.

Drac

Actually the film is full of racist stereotyping, blacks, Chinese, native American.

Because it was taking the piss out of Hollywood stereotypes. It does it in magnificent exaggerated form.

martinhutch

Mongo just pawn in game of life.

ElShalimo

Candygram for Mongo

johndoh
    Free Member

I love lots of the old classic comedies- Planes, Trains; any Monty Python, Blues Brothers, Trading Places etc. But I have never got Blazin’ Saddles in the slightest bit.

binners

wonder how the meeting would go if Mel Brooks pitched that movie to a Hollywood studio today.

Saw an interview with Mel Brooks recently where he said that there is no way on earth that film would be made nowadays. Which is a shame, and ironic as It’s laughing at and taking the piss out of racists

I watched it with my girls (17 and 14) a couple of months ago to continue their cultural education. They loved it!

As someone of Oirish descent, this is my favourite scene. We’ll take the…

😂

winston
    Free Member

Was the campfire beans scene in there? I watched the whole film but didnt notice it……

binners

Surely one of the finest things ever filmed

fingerbang
    Free Member

Just stumbled on it and had to watch til the end. Not seen it in ages

I love the guy who plays Hedley lamarr

You’re right about the ending, it’s like holy grail the way it breaks the fourth wall, and that’s a daft ending, even for a daft film. Daft but great

spursn17
    Free Member

Ding Ding, round 2…

…The Producers is on BBC 1 tonight at 10:35pm.

13thfloormonk

Was the campfire beans scene in there? I watched the whole film but didnt notice it…

Yes, and once again, I was relieved not to be watching in polite/mature/adult company, as I once again creased myself laughing at a fart scene. Wish my 4 year old had been awake to share it with me 😂😂

fingerbang
    Free Member

Any Mel brooks or the producers fans, you’ve gotta see season 4 curb you enthusiasm. A season long mash up of the producers and Larry David with Mel brooks Anne Bancroft, Ben Stiller . So good

edlong
    Free Member

There is no n-word.

He says “the sheriff is near”

Different scene: he greets a woman in the street, she says “Up yours, n-word” and I think used the word again later when apologising for it.

ernielynch

It’s used throughout the film! Starting from the first scene.

I guess it must be the only time the word is ever heard on UK TV. Ironically these days it is removed from The Dambusters where it is used in a completely innocent and affectionate way, but left in Blazing Saddles where the context is to insult.

The difference of course is humour. Humour conquers political correctness, even on the beeb. And quite right too. See Family Guy for outrageously non-PC stuff too.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘BBC4 Tonight, 22:10pm Blazing saddles’ is closed to new replies.